Guest Andrew&Ren

Sending Xmas gifts back to uk....

Guest Andrew&Ren

Its that time of year again, ive actually started seeing xmas decs in the shops!!!!!!!

Its our first xmas out here and just wondering when people suggest sending xmas gifts back to the uk??

I know i have missed the sea mail boat...so i would be sending airmail. I was thinking mid november...is this enough time??

Theres postal strikes in the Uk!!!!:skeptical:

Guest the4hopes

Friends sent us a parcel last November from the UK still waiting for it!!!!

we send our parcels in novemeber but NEVER send in december they can take weeks to get there so it will be mid january before they arrive

merry xmas

Guest jorose

Also do you always have to put on the back of an envelope what is in it? I sent a gift to my friend recently and had to put on the back of the envelope what was in it, defeating the object of a surprise gift.

yea it's newish cause of the bali bombers or summit yea u always have to but if you send socks for prezzies write clothes it's still half surprise : p

Its really expensive to post stuff, often costing more than the item.....order from uk sites to be delivered usually for free to uk instead.

I have used Thorntons for chocs, Amazon for books, dvds, paperchase stationary etc. There are heaps of others like argos and some clothes shops.

Guest rachinadelaide
    Its really expensive to post stuff, often costing more than the item.....order from uk sites to be delivered usually for free to uk instead.

I have used Thorntons for chocs, Amazon for books, dvds, paperchase stationary etc. There are heaps of others like argos and some clothes shops.

We do the same - you can often get them gift-wrapped too (for an additional fee).

If you a looking for bizarre or novelty gifts for those that have everything, we've used

www.findmeagift.co.uk Our favourite find being a cat pencil sharpener that mews when you insert the pencil (guess where you put it!!).

Rach

Guest Andrew&Ren

Sooner send Aussie stuff...getting some great billabong/quicksilver winter wear in the sales here which are ideal for xmas presents!

I guess with it being our first xmas here id sooner send stuff from here, but i know itll cost me a fortune!!! :(

Thanks for the advice, i think ill post mid nov x

Yep online shopping is the cheaper way to go, cost me $20 dollars to send a teeshirt back that cost $25.

Kris