candylis

Christmas Ham

Hi my mum wants to know where she can buy ham to roast or boil not smoked ham for christmas.

because we have looked and can't find anything that tastes nice.:v_SPIN:

Bit of a long way from you, but I know Foodland in Newton (think it's part of the Drake chain) had some either last year or the year before (getting old, sorry, all the past merges into one in my head sometimes!). Foodland are either independently owned and operated, or part of a small chain (Romeos, Drakes for instance) as far as I know but I have always found them very helpful about sourcing something if you have a chat with the manager. Give it a try. Otherwise I think somewhere in the Barossa there is a place - I have a feeling it is run by Maggie Beer's daughter - so you could try a phone call to Maggie Beer's place in the Barossa and ask them!

Guest Trakki

just go into a local butchers and ask, they should be able to get you one or tell you where to get one.

Guest Nat

Has your mum tried the raw looking one called pickled pork. I've boiled that and it comes out like what I would have called boiled bacon, in the UK.

Guest JulieG

Hi

You can buy ham to roast or boil ( English style) from the butchers at Flagstaff Hill. It's lovely I buy it regularly.