On the scrounge !!!!!!!!!

Guest bishop3912

Guest bishop3912

Hi we have finally found a rental (and been accepted for it!!!) in Hallett Cove, we move in next wednesday. As there will be a few weeks before our container arrives, I know its really cheeky to ask (but if you dont ask you dont get) does anyone have anything from below that we could borrow (we will look after it) to help us out:-

Air Beds - double and 3 singles or the like

kettle

tv

bean bags

have also seen on here that there is a company that rents you white goods for a short while, cant remember the name and cant find the search for it, has anyone had experience with this as we also need a microwave, fridge, washing machine

Thanks corinne x:wubclub:

Guest markmet

Hi

my name is chris, and we are coming to adelaide in feb 2010. just wanted to say after reading this thread, it is lovely to see that you guys are so kind and helpful. makes me proud to be coming to adelaide. nice to know there are such nice people out there.

chris

Hiya Corinne

It's not cheeky, it's simply what has to be done to get started in your new life here and we did exactly the same and think it's important to pay it forward so to speak.

I am in HC and have a kettle you can borrow - it's a cheap one we bought as a spare for visitors. Also have a portable TV and dvd player you can borrow too.

Let me know, pm me with your tel/mobile no and I'll drop them round.

Dette :)

HI

We were in the same boat. W had to buy stuff

We have double airbed and 2 singles. Double quilt and singleones (not thick though)

Have an iron but need adapter for it (we bought aussie iron)

We in PN - letme know ifyou want to borrow them

Lisa

Guest happy feet

Hi we in Hallett cove 2, and i lived in colchester .......I can lead you double mattress and 2 singles, also got some spare quilts if u need them, if that helps...PM me if i can help

cara

Guest bishop3912

Hi Heidi, thanks so much would be really great if I could borrow them will PM you to get your number and sort out about picking up and having a cuppa. Ta Corinne x

Guest bishop3912

Hi Dette, Thanks so much that would be great if I could borrow all of those things, would really help us out and keep the kiddies out of my hair. Will PM you with my number and sort out, no worries I can pick up from you if easier. Thanks Corinne x

Guest bishop3912

Hi Justin we are moving to Lepena Crescent not far from Hallet Cove East Primary School. Would be grateful if we could borrow the air bed if you do have one. Will PM you. Thanks Corinne x

Guest bishop3912

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOO much to those who have replied, I will PM you all to arrange to pick up the bits and pieces that I am borrowing. Every little helps as hubbie still not in work so money is tight.

We will look after everything we borrow and will return the items as soon as we are in receipt of our container. It is due in at the begining of Nov so once it clears customs we hope to have it by mid Nov, all being well.

Once we have our stuff, I too will be in a position to lend out items to help out other new arrivies.

This site has proved an invaluable source of information and help before, during and after so thank you all once again.

Regards Corinne :wubclub:

Hi

We are in exactly the same situation so im sorry that we cant offer anything! Handy tip passed on to me tho, was to buy plastic picnic plates and cups, etc. That way when your real stuff arrives you can use the plastic for picnics and outdoor dining. We picked up really cheap plates and cutlery in Cheap as Chips. We took that idea a step further and bought outdoor furniture (table and chairs) to use inside until our furniture gets here :)

Also, try ebay and gumtree for buying white goods. You can save a fortune! We got a fridge for $200 and a washing machine (from a lovely couple on here!) for $175. Think it works out a lot cheaper than the rental for a few weeks and you could then sell them on if you have white goods arriving. We looked at short term rentals from http://www.rentlo.com.au but it worked out VERY expensive and there was contracts and things to sign.

Good luck with everything!

Allie :)

Guest bishop3912

Hi Chris, the guys on this site are fantastic, so helpful and always try to answer your questions if they can. I would have been lost without it. Bet you cant wait to be in Adelaide, the time will go really quickly. Just post on here if you need anything, once my stuff arrives I too will have stuff that I can lend out.

Regards Corinne