Guest Guest75

Hard waste collections... Good tip (sic)

Guest Guest75

Good tip for getting rid of larger items.:)

If you did not already know councils run a Hard waste collection service.

Old washing machines,mattresses and so on - as long as they can be picked up by two men.

You are allowed two free collections per year.:)

Just call your local council office up,ask for a hard waste collection and they will give you a date when they are collecting on your street.

Now new arrivals know what those piles of rubbish are on the streets!!!

You will have to check specifics with your local council.

Ours is the Onkaparinga Council..

OTHER WASTE SERVICES

Hard Waste Collection

Residents are entitled to two collections

per year. For details and to make a

booking please contact our Customer

Service Centre on 8384 0666.

Guest Guest75
    Very useful for newbies as you say. Just wondering (as you do), why the 'sic'? No error as far as I can see!

Jim

The "Tip" part of the title.tipping/rubbish and so on - it's my sense of humour :goofy::goofy:

I doubt the mother in law would stay long enough on the pavement to be collected :biglaugh:

Also can be a good way to pick up bits of furniture such as extra garden chairs etc for free.

Although seeing as my last pile was reduced in this way by 2/3 before pick up I'm sure some of that stuff will find its way back out onto the street. Kept us amused at just what people will take.

Guest soggy
    I doubt the mother in law would stay long enough on the pavement to be collected :biglaugh:

Also can be a good way to pick up bits of furniture such as extra garden chairs etc for free.

Although seeing as my last pile was reduced in this way by 2/3 before pick up I'm sure some of that stuff will find its way back out onto the street. Kept us amused at just what people will take.

I put out an air con unit that I removed from my wall with just a club hammer, it went within hours of putting it out, very efficient service I thought, latter I got a letter from the collectors saying they had called and nothing was left for them, I won't bother booking it in next time i'll just put it outside:)

Simon