Guest guest569

wheel chair

Guest guest569

My eldrely mother arrives on weds morning and is not as stable on her feet as i remember her. We haven't seen each other in 4 years as its her only visit to Adelaide. Does anyone know of a wheel chair i could borrow, hire or buy just to show her all the good things on offer and get her blessings that the move for us was the best thing ever !!!!;)

Guest Martin and Val
    My eldrely mother arrives on weds morning and is not as stable on her feet as i remember her. We haven't seen each other in 4 years as its her only visit to Adelaide. Does anyone know of a wheel chair i could borrow, hire or buy just to show her all the good things on offer and get her blessings that the move for us was the best thing ever !!!!;)

G'day,

I will make no promises but when I get back to work on Monday morning I will ask one of my suppliers if they are willing to loan one out or not. How long would you need it for? I will PM you if I have any luck.

If you get one before hand let me know.

Martin

You can hire them from the Red Cross at a reasonable charge - I think it was about $15 plus $50 bond when I hired one for my mum. They used to have a place in Morphett Vale, but I think they are on Sir Donald Bradman Drive now.

You can also buy them in Cheap as Chips, no idea of price though. They had some in stock at Colonnades last weekend.

I found this website which might help ...... http://www.rentorhire.com.au/rent-hire/Mobility-Equipment/Wheelchairs/SA/Adelaide/

Hi, my mum has been here now four times to visit from Scotland. She to is in a wheelchair. We hire her a scooter that collapses and goes into the car. There is a place on Marion Rd called Walk On Wheels, we hire it from there every year now . They also have other items, I think you would get your chair from them.

Where are you living?

All the best Elaine

You can hire Wheelchairs and any other equipement from Walk on wheels, dont know their charges but i googled their number it's : 8266 7000. Worth a phone call :)

Guest rachinadelaide

My mum in law is in a wheelchair so we have used the place on MantonSt near the city fir several disability friendly options...we hae a toilet seat that we bought (as it was cheaper than hiring) and we have hired ramps and shower seats for her for not much money.

She comes with her own wheelchair(although we disagree with the weight of it!!) so we don't have to hire that!

Rach

Guest Martin and Val

OK, I can get you one. When do you want it and for how long? I will send you a PM.

Martin