Use of UK Migration agents.

Guest KarenL

Hi,

I am currently training to be a registered migration agent, and I will be working in the UK. The part of the course I am doing now is about business structure, fees and practice management.

I am after some feedback from those of you who have used a migration agent, to help me out. If anyone could/would share their experiences that would be really helpful. The sort of info I am after is ;

Did you use an agent?

Where were they based- Aus or UK?

Did you use their full service, ie the agent did your application, or did you just get advice?

What their fees were for which service?

Were there payment opions available ie. staged payments?

Were you satisfied with the service?

Any feedback gratefully received. If you would rather contact me privately, please email or PM me.

Thanks very much,

Karen.

karen@auspom.co.uk

Hi,

I am currently training to be a registered migration agent, and I will be working in the UK. The part of the course I am doing now is about business structure, fees and practice management.

I am after some feedback from those of you who have used a migration agent, to help me out. If anyone could/would share their experiences that would be really helpful. The sort of info I am after is ;

Did you use an agent?

Where were they based- Aus or UK?

Did you use their full service, ie the agent did your application, or did you just get advice?

What their fees were for which service?

Were there payment opions available ie. staged payments?

Were you satisfied with the service?

Any feedback gratefully received. If you would rather contact me privately, please email or PM me.

Thanks very much,

Karen.

karen@auspom.co.uk

:biglaugh:you've got me feeling sorry for you!not one reply and 60 odd views,miserable b######!!!!LOL,yes we used an agent,based quite local in uk,yes the full service,£1300 for two people in 07( now £1700)yes staged payments,very satisfied! right ive done me duty,good luck........ps even in this age of computers/emails/scans etc i wouldnt have used an agent i couldnt actually sit down and talk to face to face,but then im old fashioned that way;)

Guest JayBone

Did you use an agent? Yes, OE Visas

Where were they based- Aus or UK? UK based, Edinburgh

Did you use their full service, ie the agent did your application, or did you just get advice? Full service

What their fees were for which service? £1840

Were there payment opions available ie. staged payments? Staged payments over 6 months (but lots of other options)

Were you satisfied with the service? Very satisfied, not finished yet though

Did you use an agent? Yes

Where were they based- Aus or UK? UK based,Brighton

Did you use their full service, ie the agent did your application, or did you just get advice? They did the lot

What their fees were for which service? £2250

Were there payment opions available ie. staged payments? Staged over 3 paymnents

Were you satisfied with the service? Yes very.

We chose our agent as out of 6 online assesments filled in, they were the only one that said we had any chance and actually took the time to phone me personally to discuss the options. We now have our visa and it was really painless.

Hope this helps.

Guest ReadyPenny

We didnt use an agent because

Our case was straight forward, our only child belongs to us both and no other children with anyone else

I thought the price was high considering that you still have to provide them with all the docs etc

I looked at the visa "paperwork" online and felt that I could manage it myself

I decided that using a "middle man" may lengthen the process, as agents are dealing with many clients at once, where I was just dealing with myself

Hope this helps a bit, got full PR in record time too, see our timeline!

Good luck with your venture

Mandy

Thanks Mandy,

I have never heard of a skilled visa being granted so quickly. I appreciate you response because all the replys I have had so far have used agents. I am just as interested to see how many have seen through their applications on their own.

Regards,

Karen:)