Oz BBQ's OK to use in the UK

soccer65

Guest nishman

I remember a firend of ours bringing a BBQ/camping stove from the UK to Oz, and all they had to do was replace the regulator and get an adaptor/bushing for the gas connection. I guess it's a similar story going the other way.

Guest mayjess

Hi, we brought our BBQ back , but not the gas bottle, as you are not allowed to ship them back unless brand new never been used!!!!

I can tell you now, our BBQ is still fully packed up from when we brought it back to the UK, never ever been used or opened up, ( 2 1/2 yrs ago) so its going straight back to OZ like that, we havent used it really because we havent had a good long hot sunny day to plan a good BBQ, the summer here has been horrendous, and I didnt want it getting put out to get wet & rusted.

I see you havent been over in Adelaide all that long, If its homesickness, I would re think my plans If I were you, as soon as you get back here you will completely re think again! dont say I didnt warn you. I was homesick so intensley over there & I made us all come back, and even on the plane coming back I knew within my heart I had made the biggest mistake of my life, hence why half my belongings are still fully packed in the shed!

Good Luck

Mayjess

Guest kangomik

when i have my last summer i will return.

Lancashire is the land of origin, about as wet and grey as it was this winter in SA. Just this winter lasted 4 months, in lancashire it lasts 48 Weeks

Guest Sue&Phil

Friends of ours moved back to the UK and took their gas BBQ. They have used it quite a few times over in England - not sure if they had to get different connections though.

Hi,

We bought a large Jackaroo BBQ back with us, and it is the envy of all our friends and family!!

Sorry, regulators etc are husbands dept, but what I can say is that we use it regularly, and I don't remember it being a problem.

Karen.