soccer65

Oz BBQ's OK to use in the UK

Can anyone tell me if Aussie BBQ's are worth takin back to the UK, are the gas bottle connection the same or can you just get them changed to fit once back in the UK.

Guest nishman

I remember a firend of ours bringing a BBQ/camping stove from the UK to Oz, and all they had to do was replace the regulator and get an adaptor/bushing for the gas connection. I guess it's a similar story going the other way.

Guest mayjess

Hi, we brought our BBQ back , but not the gas bottle, as you are not allowed to ship them back unless brand new never been used!!!!

I can tell you now, our BBQ is still fully packed up from when we brought it back to the UK, never ever been used or opened up, ( 2 1/2 yrs ago) so its going straight back to OZ like that, we havent used it really because we havent had a good long hot sunny day to plan a good BBQ, the summer here has been horrendous, and I didnt want it getting put out to get wet & rusted.

I see you havent been over in Adelaide all that long, If its homesickness, I would re think my plans If I were you, as soon as you get back here you will completely re think again! dont say I didnt warn you. I was homesick so intensley over there & I made us all come back, and even on the plane coming back I knew within my heart I had made the biggest mistake of my life, hence why half my belongings are still fully packed in the shed!

Good Luck

Mayjess

I reckon even if I was going back to the UK, I'd not go back until the end of the Aussie summer anyway!

Guest kangomik

reg and hose will be different.

I agree with th others by the way ;)

Guest SA Great
    reg and hose will be different.

I agree with th others by the way ;)

So when are you coming back Kangomik? Where are you from in the UK?

Guest kangomik

when i have my last summer i will return.

Lancashire is the land of origin, about as wet and grey as it was this winter in SA. Just this winter lasted 4 months, in lancashire it lasts 48 Weeks

Guest Sue&Phil

Friends of ours moved back to the UK and took their gas BBQ. They have used it quite a few times over in England - not sure if they had to get different connections though.

Guest KarenL

Hi,

We bought a large Jackaroo BBQ back with us, and it is the envy of all our friends and family!!

Sorry, regulators etc are husbands dept, but what I can say is that we use it regularly, and I don't remember it being a problem.

Karen.