Mel.R

Cockroaches

We have just moved into our new rental yesterday. Hubbie got rid of a cockroach yesterday and I have killed 2 more today, 1 downstairs and 1 upstairs. Is it normal to get them indoors or does it mean i have a problem here? The house is spotlessly clean.

Has anyone got any tips to get rid of them or keep them at bay??

Thanks

Mel

We had them in our OAA and have had 1 in this place in 6 months. I think it's pretty common although not nice in any way! We have had some poison down and it's really a matter of keeping the place clean from food scraps I suppose. They are easier to stop than the ants in my opinion, lol.

Thanks for your reply

The place is really clean and tidy and I intend to keep it that way!!! LOL!!!!

I have looked in all the cupboards and nooks and crannies and can't see any eveidence of casings etc. Do you think they may have just "strolled" in where we have had the back door open as we moved in?

Guest nishman

(Mortien) Barrier spray stops most things, including cockroaches :)

Guest kangomik

You can buy the barrier sprays in the insect repellent sections of the supermarkets, Big W, etc.

In our rental last year we had a sudden problem with flying ants coming through the shower extractor (bleugh!). The agent told us to get the 'barrier' or 'surface' spray and we now use this to spray round our house just under every 3 months. You may still find odd spiders or bugs in the house but they're usually dead due to the spray. Once you start finding them alive, it's time to spray again!

Louise (Mrs Kangomik)

I hate the buggers!!! but we just bombed the house and that seems to have done the trick cost about $12 for 3 of them. But as your renting if you have a prob with them its down to the landlord to sort and pay to get sprayed. Other than that you just have to live with them.

I sprayed the outside edges of the house on Wednesday with Mortien, and we haven't seen any yet, so hopefully that has done the trick!!

Thanks

Mel

xx