Sign in to follow this  
Guest JayBone

Hewwo from Hull

Guest JayBone

Hi Everyone,

Just found the site,

We are Jon, Karen and Bella (our dog) from Hull, should be in Adelaide sometime next year, just waiting on our visa, everythings done, now a waiting game.

Went for our medicals on 23rd September, then came home to a phonecall from the migration agent telling us that we had been re-prioritised, quite an up and down day!:arghh:

But, we are quietly confident that all will be resolved.

Hope your all well!

P.S i just watched 'Australis deadliest animals' on National Geographic - They all seem to like South Australia!!:shocked:

Guest ben&sharon
    Hi Everyone,

Just found the site,

We are Jon, Karen and Bella (our dog) from Hull, should be in Adelaide sometime next year, just waiting on our visa, everythings done, now a waiting game.

Went for our medicals on 23rd September, then came home to a phonecall from the migration agent telling us that we had been re-prioritised, quite an up and down day!:arghh:

But, we are quietly confident that all will be resolved.

Hope your all well!

P.S i just watched 'Australis deadliest animals' on National Geographic - They all seem to like South Australia!!:shocked:

Hiya,

I spent seven happy years living just off Springbank and Princes Ave, so I have many fond memories of Hull (I know...... but it was close to the city centre!!). South Australia could not be more different; though I reckon there were more nasties hanging about outside LA's of a Saturday night than I've seen here since we arrived...... ;)

Good luck with the waiting. It does your head in after a bit, but it's all worth it in the end..............

Sharon.

Guest Guest75

Hiya

Welcome to the forum,sure you'll enjoy it ,I've seen your great posts elsewhere.

I'm a fellow Yorkie - from Leeds,not lost my accent at all.:)

Guest JayBone
    Hiya

Welcome to the forum,sure you'll enjoy it ,I've seen your great posts elsewhere.

I'm a fellow Yorkie - from Leeds,not lost my accent at all.:)

You must be referring to my 'case scenario' ........Bill earns etc!

That thread left me bemused!

Ive been working in the middle east for the last 3 years, there is nothing that can get rid of a yorkshire accent!:jimlad:

Guest Guest75
    You must be referring to my 'case scenario' ........Bill earns etc!

That thread left me bemused!

Ive been working in the middle east for the last 3 years, there is nothing that can get rid of a yorkshire accent!:jimlad:

That was a confusing thread.I "got" what you were on about but I reckon there were a few virtual blank faces:biglaugh:

I have started to use quite a few "Aussieisms" now - Arvo, yoo boootay and so on but can't sound convincing with G'day yet :biglaugh: