Guest PhilC

Squash anyone?

Guest PhilC

Just arrived in Adelaide a week ago and have joined the South Adelaide Squash Centre, does anyone fancy a knock about in the next few days?

cheers

Phil

Hi Phil, I've just seen this post and wondered what you thought of the standard of squash in Adelaide. I'm a keen squash player (I play division 1 in Essex) and currently looking at the websites to decide what club to join but to be honest most of the websites are pretty shocking.

Any views would be a help

Tim

Guest PhilC

It's pretty good, mainly because they don't have internal ladders at the clubs, so you end up playing the best people at other clubs. If you're div 1 in Essex, you're probably state 1 or state 2 here, although the temperature in summer will completely bugger your game up!

We have a team training session at South Adelaide Squash Centre (2a Midera Avenue, Edwardstown, SA 5039, behind the BP garage) every Saturday morning from about 10 onwards. You're welcome to come along to that and have a knock about with a variety of standards and hopefully we'll be able to point you in the right direction.

cheers

Phil

Thanks Phil

I arrived in Adelaide last Monday and wondered if i could join you this Saturday at 10. I'm in Glengowrie at the moment so not too far from the squash club.

Tim

Guest PhilC

Yeah, no worries, just pop down for around 10 and I should be there. Bring water!

Phil

why bring water?? there is a machine there?? silly husband!

This made me laugh so much! Great comment, and I love that it's from a wife to her husband!!!

Guest Guest75
    This made me laugh so much! Great comment, and I love that it's from a wife to her husband!!!

Aye ,but see Phil's comment back :o