Sign in to follow this  
Guest knsc

Schools

Guest knsc

Does anyone have information on what help is available for a child with Dyslexia in oz schools both public and private, I am looking for detailed information rather than just that a school has a learning support unit. I have been searching the internet and expat forums but when this question is asked there seems to be no answers or the answer is to general and not on the topic, I am sure there are a lot of parents with kids that would like to know. So if there are any teachers or learning support teachers that can give a clear and detailed answer please help as our move to Australia depends on whether we can find the help my son needs to succeed or not.

Thanks

Knsc

Guest k8bug79

I don't know the answer I am afraid but i am interested as my daughter has been told she has Dyslexic and Autistic traits and is currently on an individual education plan. I would maybe suggest emailing any schools you are interested in and asking what the Special needs education/ IEPs consist of and what support in particular Dyslexia receives?