All good so far

Guest PompeyPom

Guest PompeyPom

So we have been here a little more than a week and are loving it.We have found all the Australians to be very welcoming from shop workers to local Police officers,they all take an interest in our story so far and seem most upbeat about us being here.The countryside in and around Mclaren Vale where we are staying is stunning with all the vineyards stretching out to the hills in the distance,WOW.

The beachs we have seen so far are also great so cant wait to spend some weekends on those.On the job front have done my white card and been to one interview and been offered the job but have a chance of a job closer to where we are staying which appeals more as it is more like the work i done in the uk.

We defo needed things to work out here as our last week in England was a nightmare to be honest,on the tuesday our house sale fell through and as i was trying to finish of an extension my mate fell off the scaffolding and fell twenty foot,so spent all day in AE with him.He was lucky though as at first he was on a spinal board and neck brace but got away with a badly broken wrist,then we flew out on the friday.........

So a rocky start but the sun is shinning and the pool is fab,just gotta find schools for the kids and a long term rental.Any tips on buying second hand cars and utes would be great and good insurance companies as well.

Hope your all doing ok Scott and Family.

P.S PLAY UP POMPEY(they better start soon or its coca cola time for us....Seeya):arghh:

Guest Jo&Phil

Welcome from one ex Hampshire Pom to another. It sounds like you're enjoying yourself and spring weather is being very welcoming to you too.

Good luck with the house sale

As for 'play up Pompey' ......... fat chance I think (no change there then?!)

Guest PompeyPom

Cheers everybody,we lived in Waterlooville back in England just up the A3M north of Pompey.Took the job closer to where we are staying and now work with a great bunch of lads who dont mind showing me the ropes to bricklaying OZ style.As for Leeds they defo should be top flight what with the gates they get and how big the club is so good luck climbing back up.

Im gonna go jump in the pool and make the most of it as we soon need to find a long term rent and sadly say goodbye to the place we are in at the mo,so once again thanks for the welcome and maybe seeya on the beach one sunny day.

Regards Scott and family.