niknjas

Oz plugs

Hi

I think I can recall reading on here ages ago but I can't find it, a lady bulk bought some plugs for her uk electricals.

Was after a website if anybody knew where I could buy them in advance with the thought of changing them over here. I hasten to add it is only a thought at the moment

Thanks

Niki

Guest ben&sharon
    Hi

I think I can recall reading on here ages ago but I can't find it, a lady bulk bought some plugs for her uk electricals.

Was after a website if anybody knew where I could buy them in advance with the thought of changing them over here. I hasten to add it is only a thought at the moment

Thanks

Niki

I wouldn't bother in advance - just bring a couple of travel adaptors. You've got enough to worry about!! Bunnings sell the right plugs for pennies and they're easily swap-able when you get here - my OH has done over a dozen and they don't take long to do.....

Hi

Four 4 gang UK extension leads have helped us out big style with all the electrical stuff we brought out,i'd recommend bringing one or two out with you,as they are difficult and expensive to find here.ATB Sue.

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

we used a 4 socket uk extension lead and just put 1 aussie plug on the end then you can still use uk plugs till you get settled

Hope this helps Dave

Guest Carolandcraig

Excellent idea bringing ganged extentions. Isnt there a toptips sections for us who are about to emmigrate?

Guest steph&neil

HI we use extension cables one thing to note is that there are no fuses in the aussie plugs! they are tripped at the main - & most peoples electrical trip switch boxes are outside so make she you have a torch by the front door! the first rental we were in still had the old wire fuses, advice check when you move in & have things ready! the amp load doesnt cope the same either - we cant have our toaster & kettle plugged in at the same time & the are plugged in to diff sockets! x

Guest ben&sharon
    HI we use extension cables one thing to note is that there are no fuses in the aussie plugs! they are tripped at the main - & most peoples electrical trip switch boxes are outside so make she you have a torch by the front door! the first rental we were in still had the old wire fuses, advice check when you move in & have things ready! the amp load doesnt cope the same either - we cant have our toaster & kettle plugged in at the same time & the are plugged in to diff sockets! x

Ha ha - good point! the first weekend we moved into here, my husband went out for the night and I tripped the fuse. Spent twenty minutes panicking in the dark and then had to go and knock on the neighbour's door to borrow a torch and get instructions as to how to find the fuse box!!!

Thanks to everyone. will now pack the extension leads.

Slightly different subject - how do you send pposts eg thankyou's to multiple users?

Thanks

Niki