Guest asbo al

nursing

Guest asbo al

anyone thinking of becoming a nurse in south australia.along with skills assess with anmc.

ive just found my oh has to be registered with nmbsa before she can work.

follow this link for info on registration, payment details etc.(more money):mad:

http://www.nmbsa.sa.gov.au/reg_general.html

hope this helps:)

alan

Guest thekings

Hi Al, she will also need to complete the IELTS and get a minimum of four 7's or higher at academic level unless of course she has already done it. I didin't need it for ANMC but do need it to become registered in SA. As you said MORE money, more hoops to jump through :arghh::arghh:

But on the plus side at least its a job on the CSL.

My IELTS booked for next month :unsure:

Guest nurse sue

ive noticed that since i last looked at the nbsa site, that they now do their own assessment prior to registration - so if you go for that route, you are paying as much as if you just did the full skills assessment with anmc then applied to register with nbsa. seems its quicker but just as expensive to do the full assessment then apply to register with nbsa.

crafty money making scheme for them, on the lines of making sure their nurses are fully competent!

Guest thekings

I paid the ANMC about $500-600 for my assessment for my visa application, then the NBSA wanted $20 to transfer it to them, once my IELTS comes through then hopefully it'll be just the registration fee to pay.

Guest rowy

Did not need the IELTS. Did the ANMC full assessment, but had the application in with the NBSA at same time. It takes about 6 months. Only paid $20 to them like thekings. Got a 176 SS Visa this month. Penny

Guest thekings

I too did the full ANMC assessment but as of 1st July 2009 you also need IELTS to register looks like you got in just in time Rowy you lucky thing, my assessment came through on the 1st July so therefore needed to do the IELTS (had hoped I'd got away with it but a letter from NBSA says otherwise. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest rowy

Oh my God I cant believe I am that lucky. Thank you for telling me! Thats so crazy to make you do that on top of everything else. I found the whole process so draining, esp as we did it all ourselves. Kept feeling I had to prove myself all the time, esp as they took my RGN as my primary qualification, even though I have been a Midwife since 1990! Its amazing when you get the e mail you have been waiting for. Good luck guys, Penny

I thought that by getting my ANMC registration through by 1st July I would avoid the ILETS. Thanks for the pre-warning, although it just gives me something else to worry about. Jane:unsure:

Guest Carolandcraig

Just a quick one on the Ielts, my wife did the anmc over a year ago, but we only got our visas in July, now we were told that my wife had to do the ielts becuase the visas were issued after the 1st of july (anyone issued a visa after this time has to sit the ielts), so i would be very cautious and find out for deffinatly if you need to sit the ielts or not, the worse thing you could do is accept a job emmigrate to be told that your unable to work because you dont have the qualification.

If im wrong im sorry but if im right then it could save you a lot of heart ache.

Guest thekings

From what I understand its not the visa process that requires the IELTS but to become registered does. I was assessed by ANMC and all passed, at the time this was the only thing to prevent us putting our visa application in. It was only through the will to be actively doing something that I thought I would get my NMBSA registration out of the way, so that on applying for a job then I would have all the boxes ticked and nothing else to worry about. I didn't need my skills reassessed as the ANMC had already done this, they even sent my assessment file to NMBSA for free (makes a change :biglaugh:). Although NMBSA still wanted $20 dollars to process it! I then received a letter from NMBSA saying everything was in place just send us your IELTS results, because as of 1st July 2009 it became a requirement of registration :arghh:

this is exactly what it says in the letter: "As of 1 July, all internationally qualified nurses and/or midwives who apply for an assessment of their nursing or midwifery qualifications for registration or enrolment are required to undertake an approved English test, This is irrespective of whether the applicant is a native speaker of English or not."

Another hoop to jump through I'm afraid, a useful tip though is to get some IELTS books from the library, don't buy them you wont need them for long. And dont forget to get the CD's that come with the IELTS books you will need them tp practise for the listening parts of the test.

Jon