Guest Chelseadownunder

Musicians

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi I would like to meet other musicians to maybe have a jam etc.. I sing and tend to go for Indie type music but am very open minded (Coldplay, Travis, Verve, Powderfinger, Radiohead....) . I am dieing to have a session and bang out a few songs. Not looking for a big comitment to a band but the odd gig would be fun.

Steve

Hi I would like to meet other musicians to maybe have a jam etc.. I sing and tend to go for Indie type music but am very open minded (Coldplay, Travis, Verve, Powderfinger, Radiohead....) . I am dieing to have a session and bang out a few songs. Not looking for a big comitment to a band but the odd gig would be fun.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I sing and play a few chords, though I only have an accoustic guitar at the moment. Keen to get better at guitar, so need lots of practice! I like the indie bands too, plus a big fan of The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, many more.

I'm a bit older than you though, a bit like having Robert Plant without soaring vocals!

Cheers,

Bill

Try looking on the noticeboards at the local muic shops ...... Southern Music at Christies Beach, Frets n Stix at Reynella, the Ibanez shop on Brighton Road, maybe Ceceres; or Derringers at Forestville, Billy Hyde on Waymouth, Allens Gawler place usually have heaps of ads for jam sessions/bands and also Harrisons on Grenfell St.

Or you could try the Warriors http://www.sawarriors.org.au/ . My son who is an awesome bass player used to be with them.

My hubby doesn't have the time to do it as he's busy teaching guitar but I'll ask some of his adult students for you, to see if any are interested.

Cheers

Sharon

Bill - you need a guitar teacher!

Steve

I can clap and snap my fingers, and play the tamborine,lol

Laura xxx