Guest kelv&haley

where to go???

Guest kelv&haley

please could someone tell me the exact address of where you have to go to advise of our arrival in oz....we were told within two weeks to advise that we are here,but we are not sure who it is we need to notify or the address of where to go,please help,many thanks,haley

Guest nishman

Level 3, 55 Currie St in the city is the main DIAC/Immigration office. If it's no there, they'll know where you should go (it'll be somewhere in the NW corner of the CBD).

You need to go to level 10. 50 Pirie Street. The Currie Street address will just divert you to the other address.

Mel

xxx

Guest angiestaff
    please could someone tell me the exact address of where you have to go to advise of our arrival in oz....we were told within two weeks to advise that we are here,but we are not sure who it is we need to notify or the address of where to go,please help,many thanks,haley

errrr advise who of what????? and does everyone have to do it?

Guest soggy

I've not told anyone i'm here, so I hope not.:):):)

Simon

Guest Trakki

only people on certain visas have to, don't know which ones though. We are on a 175 and didn't have to

Guest caoimhe
    I've not told anyone i'm here, so I hope not.:):):)

Simon

Ditto

Can someone PLEASE confirm this.....were we suppose to tell someone in the DIAC office of our arrival:shocked:

Guest The Dimmocks

We are going on a 176 state sponsored PR visa and we were told in our letter that we have to advised them when we enter the country. Not sure what other visas have to.

Guest Damien

Yeah, we are the same, a 176 visa. Because the SA government are sponsoring you you have to report to them within two weeks of arrival. 175 visas aren't sponsored so you don't have to report in.

HTH,

Damo

Guest guest3462

We are here on a 457 4 year visa and had to go to Level 3, 55 Currie St in the city.

You take a number and sit and wait in line with the 100 or so other immigrants (legal and illegal!!) then when you get called you move down a bit and wait a bit longer.

You have to pay attention though cos they call your number 3 times and if you miss its tough you have to start again!

After that you go to the window and they put a sticker in your passport and away you go. You have 2 weeks from arrival into Aus to do this.

Beware though that there are no public loos or drinks machines in the building so be prepared!!!

Guest nishman

DIAC will know you're here as soon as you go through passport control in Australia. It's the state/regional sponsorship visa's that require you to notify them of your whereabouts...

Saying that we were on the old STNI (PR, State sponsored) and never had to let SA know - at the time I think it was only the SIR (Temp, State sponsored) that had to...

Obviously no harm - no foul, as nothing was mentioned when we went for citizenship ;)

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We are on a 475. Our meet and greet gave us a form to fill in to send away to the department, however, on our visa we were invited to attend a free seminar at 55 Currie Street, on finding work in SA. We went to this and we just filled the form in there and then and the lady took it away - not heard anything since. If you have change of address or employment you need to always let them know.

I would definately recommend going to this seminar if you can - it explains what you need for PR!