Guest The Dimmocks

Anyone else feel in Limbo ........

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

Really feel in limbo at the minute. Got visas :) but trying to sell house :unsure: We so can't wait to get out there and start a new chapter in our life. Started getting in touch with some shipping companies to get quotes as feel like I need to be doing something. Got pickfords coming next week. Just hoping someone comes to look at house, falls in love with it, they buy for full asking price and let us stay in it until we ready to leave. Pigs might fly.

Anyone else feel the same.

Michelle

Guest Carolandcraig

We are in the same boat and feel exactly the same, only my wife has got a job so has to be in adelaide by febuary to start leaveing the rest of us behind until the house is sold. already dropped the house by 20k and cannot afford to drop anymore as we would be in neg equatiy.

On a plus side though were off to perth next week to activate our visas so its a little something to look forward to.

Guest thekings

We are in reverse limbo to you guys having sold the house but got no visa yet :arghh:

Wasn't going to sell the house for another 6 months but someone said "why not put it on now for more than you want, after all you're in no hurry....." We were very lucky and had 2 buyers both wanting it within 2 weeks....and they dont want to move in till end of Jan

:goofy::huh:

Have a great time in Perth C&C

Guest The Dimmocks
    We are in the same boat and feel exactly the same, only my wife has got a job so has to be in adelaide by febuary to start leaveing the rest of us behind until the house is sold. already dropped the house by 20k and cannot afford to drop anymore as we would be in neg equatiy.

On a plus side though were off to perth next week to activate our visas so its a little something to look forward to.

Our house only been on market a couple of months so hoping someone buys before we feel the need to drop the price, going to give till after Christmas and then rethink our plans. We have to activate ours by 23rd July 2010 so hoping it all goes through before then or we may be making a visit to activiate.

Enjoy your activation holiday and hope your house sells quickly.

Michelle

Guest The Dimmocks
    We are in reverse limbo to you guys having sold the house but got no visa yet :arghh:

Wasn't going to sell the house for another 6 months but someone said "why not put it on now for more than you want, after all you're in no hurry....." We were very lucky and had 2 buyers both wanting it within 2 weeks....and they dont want to move in till end of Jan

:goofy::huh:

Have a great time in Perth C&C

Congrats on house sale, 2 weeks wow, how green am I LOL :skeptical:. Sure your visa wont be to long coming now and hopefully before Jan.

Good luck with your move.

Michelle

Guest mayjess

Yeah were in exactly the same boat, house up for sale, visas` in passport, trying to get bk home (lived there 2006), feeling very fed up, no viewers nothing, bad time of year to sell tho!!! we will prob get xmas out of way aswell then maybe rent it out if no buyer still, cant stay here for another winter - no way-

Good luck to us all

Mayjess

Hi

Try to stay positive, it will happen. We were in the same boat & have just completed on our house sale. It's hard wondering when or even if it will happen, but it will. Make the most of the time now to have a clear out of all your stuff. Once you have exchanged contracts it all becomes a mad panic to get everything done in time for moving!!

Good Luck

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi

Try to stay positive, it will happen. We were in the same boat & have just completed on our house sale. It's hard wondering when or even if it will happen, but it will. Make the most of the time now to have a clear out of all your stuff. Once you have exchanged contracts it all becomes a mad panic to get everything done in time for moving!!

Good Luck

We have made it our mission to declutter the whole house before christmas and only have left what we are going to take. Big mission but starts on Wednesday with me getting up the loft (that will be fun).

Good luck with your move. When are you off?

Michelle

Guest The Dimmocks
    Yeah were in exactly the same boat, house up for sale, visas` in passport, trying to get bk home (lived there 2006), feeling very fed up, no viewers nothing, bad time of year to sell tho!!! we will prob get xmas out of way aswell then maybe rent it out if no buyer still, cant stay here for another winter - no way-

Good luck to us all

Mayjess

I have read a few of your other posts about going back. We had 3 viewings within first 3 weeks and nothing since. We don't really want to rent but if we have to then we will. Hoping to be there before we have to officially activate but will wait and see.

Good luck to all also.

Michelle

Guest mayjess

Thanks so much Michelle, wishing you lots of luck aswell, isnt it so frustrating? dont know what possessed us to buy again, gluttons for punishment or what, you just assume you always get your money back from buying a house!!! you live & learn eh?

One thing I do know is its no use being negative, that wont get us back to OZ, so I am constantly putting positive thoughts into my head & saying `we will get back some how`!!! one way or another! theres always solutions.

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks
    Thanks so much Michelle, wishing you lots of luck aswell, isnt it so frustrating? dont know what possessed us to buy again, gluttons for punishment or what, you just assume you always get your money back from buying a house!!! you live & learn eh?

One thing I do know is its no use being negative, that wont get us back to OZ, so I am constantly putting positive thoughts into my head & saying `we will get back some how`!!! one way or another! theres always solutions.

Mayjess

Thanks. It is frustrating, I just keep getting fed up with people keep asking "you not sold your house yet". ARRGGHH. I think people think we going to up and leave as soon as house sold and not tell anyone. I just keep looking to the future and thinking a few more months compared to the rest of our lives is not alot.

Heres to many happy years in Adelaide and our last Christmas in UK.

Michelle

Guest mOZzy

that's the right attitude!!

i know exactly what you are going through - we were in limboland for an eternity - well it seemed like it anyways.

we've put the house up at the beginning of the house crash (april 08) - and it took us 15 months to sell. we couldn't afford to rent it out (and didn't want to anyways) - and we made a list of the minimum minimum amount we would settle on - just enough to get us over and through the first 6 months - dh hasn't got a job to go through and needs to get his licence first too. - we also had to validate our visas last november which we never wanted to - now i think it's good we did, it all looks familiar now and we find our way around easily!

yep, we arrived in adelaide yesterday (hope this all makes sense - we are super tired lol)

so don't give up - it WILL happen. it was the buyer we never thougth was really interested!

it might take a bit longer but as you said - in the bigger picture what are a few months more.

try and do all the things you won't be able to from here (or harder at least) - meet up with all the people, go to places you always wanted to and try and have fun!

it'll be stressfull really soon lol

Guest The Dimmocks
    that's the right attitude!!

i know exactly what you are going through - we were in limboland for an eternity - well it seemed like it anyways.

we've put the house up at the beginning of the house crash (april 08) - and it took us 15 months to sell. we couldn't afford to rent it out (and didn't want to anyways) - and we made a list of the minimum minimum amount we would settle on - just enough to get us over and through the first 6 months - dh hasn't got a job to go through and needs to get his licence first too. - we also had to validate our visas last november which we never wanted to - now i think it's good we did, it all looks familiar now and we find our way around easily!

yep, we arrived in adelaide yesterday (hope this all makes sense - we are super tired lol)

so don't give up - it WILL happen. it was the buyer we never thougth was really interested!

it might take a bit longer but as you said - in the bigger picture what are a few months more.

try and do all the things you won't be able to from here (or harder at least) - meet up with all the people, go to places you always wanted to and try and have fun!

it'll be stressfull really soon lol

Thanks. Saw on other post you had arrived safe and well (I'm a reader more than a poster). Hope you get over your jet lag soon and start enjoying your new life.

We keeping positive, and hope the right people come through the door. They always say it the ones you think hate it that buy it.

Hoping not to have to go and validate (hubby keen on the idea, me would rather buy one way), but if it got to be done then it got to be done.

Keep putting Lotto on hoping our numbers come up :) answer to all our prayers.

Good luck with finding jobs.

Michelle

Guest angiestaff

me n hubby know exactly how ur feeling at the moment...we put our house up 4 sale when we got the visa (july 08) and it took until end of feb 09 to finally sell and we could move out.

we had 3 offers on the house fall through (with one couple the house had been took off the market for 2 months), we got to the point we were looking at auction!!:arghh:

thankfully we didn't, still lost 20,000 pounds on it but hey-ho there's no point looking back....we're here now and loving it :jiggy:

as one person said...don't be negative.... it doesn't get u anywhere but depressed!

ange x

Michelle

I think everyone has said everything that has to be said and just stay positive and stay foccused it will happen.

Have a really good Christmas and rethink things in the new year you never now what will happen. Have you tried making your own posters and putting them on notice boards etc or asking for permisson to hand them out - might work.

Take care and I know you will be here soon. If I cna help with anything else let me know

Michelle

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks. We are positive to be honest, it just me has the odd day where I think is it ever going to happen, I know the house not been on the market that long compared to some peoples. Been contacting people with job vacancies and one has come back with a positive response. He ringing next week when back from Sydney so hoping that developments into something more. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Guest mayjess
    Thanks. We are positive to be honest, it just me has the odd day where I think is it ever going to happen, I know the house not been on the market that long compared to some peoples. Been contacting people with job vacancies and one has come back with a positive response. He ringing next week when back from Sydney so hoping that developments into something more. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi can I just ask, when you are contacting people regarding vacancies, is that by email/phone? I am trying my best to get some positive response for work before we go over! its hard.

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi can I just ask, when you are contacting people regarding vacancies, is that by email/phone? I am trying my best to get some positive response for work before we go over! its hard.

Mayjess

i sent you a PM

Guest guest3462

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I really feel for you. We have had our house on the market since april 08 and we hope to complete on a sale this week!!:jiggy: However, we had to move to Adelaide in January due to work and have had estate agents dealing with everything. It is not a straightforward procedure selling your house from abroad (especially if your buyers are as arsey as ours!!!) They have us over a barrel really cos we need to get rid of the house its like a noose round our neck!:arghh:

~Don't give up hope guys, the grass has turned out to be a lot greener here for us and I hope it will soon be the same for all of you.

Sending happy thoughts to you all (not that I have many today because I crashed my car:sad: escaping from a crazy bus driver!!!)

JC xxx

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks for the happy thoughts. Hope you okay after your crash and it didn't cause to much injury to yourself or your car :-0. We are really hoping that our house sells before we leave as we can imagine it must be a nightmare trying to sell when aboard. Hope your sale goes through without any hitches

Glad you settled in well and we really can't wait to be over their.

Michelle

Guest guest3462

We are all fine thanks, a little stiff and shook up and Carys keeps bursting into tears, but we're ok. There was amazingly no damage to my car, but plenty to the poor womans that I hit!! :-( The school bus that caused it drove off onto the sunset!!!!

It's going to be so good when you get here. Your children are the same ages as mine, so when you get here we will have to meet up for a playdate/coffee. You can borrow some toys n stuff til your shipping arrives to keep them happy!

Won't be long now xxxxx

Guest The Dimmocks
    We are all fine thanks, a little stiff and shook up and Carys keeps bursting into tears, but we're ok. There was amazingly no damage to my car, but plenty to the poor womans that I hit!! :-( The school bus that caused it drove off onto the sunset!!!!

It's going to be so good when you get here. Your children are the same ages as mine, so when you get here we will have to meet up for a playdate/coffee. You can borrow some toys n stuff til your shipping arrives to keep them happy!

Won't be long now xxxxx

Glad you okay and your car is not damaged.

Thanks for the offer of toys and a meet up that would be great. Not sure where abouts we will end up when we get there, all depends on if we apply for the On arrival accommodation, if hubby gets a job and where that is based. We like the look of Woodcroft and surrounding but who knows. The job the man phoning about is based in Port Adelaide so a bit further up from Woodcroft.

Thanks again

Michelle

Michelle