Guest Tori2

wineries for lunch

Guest Tori2

Does anyone know of any wineries that serve lunch during the week? We have family staying from uk that would like to go to one.

Thanks

Guest Roo1

My fav is Woodstock http://www.woodstockwine.com.au/

or the place where they sell The Black Chook (can't find you a web page for that one)

Both do lovely lunches, a little pricey mind but worth it for a special occasion.

Judi x

Guest Aussie pat

Hi there

There are these as well

Bridgewater Mill at Petaluma winery, Adelaide Hills

The Lane winery near Hahndorf

D'arenberg winery, McLaren Vale

Penfolds Magill winery - not sure about lunch though.

Have tried first 2. If you have the full monty, they're all expensive - special occasion stuff. Penfolds prices are a notch up again. Take a deep breath before plunging in.

Guest guest3462

woodstock is lovely and though more expensive than the local restaraunt serves lovely food, especially the sharing platters - highly reccommended!

Rosemount also serve lunch in the week, but I think you may have to book.

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

There are a few wineries in McLaren Vale that have cellar doors/restaurants, these are just a few:

Coriole

D'Arenberg (D'Arrys Verandah)

Hoffman's (The Currant Shed)

Marienberg (Awganix)

Middlebrook Estate (Claudio's)

Penny's Hill (The Kitchen Door)

Woodstock (Woodstock Coterie)

I hope this helps.

Guest rachinadelaide

I can recommend Woodstock and Hoffmans. Both great food and surroundings (ahem, and wine!).

Rach

There are loads in the Barossa that do lunch - I have a lot of their menus on file so if they want to head out that way let me know and I can email you some.

Guest Jamie Mac

I can recommend Woodstock in McLaren Vale - their platters are delicious (along with the wine). In the Adelaide Hills, Bridgewater Mill is a great setting though I haven't eaten there. In the Barossa, one to avoid is Barossa Valley Wines as the platter they served up was pretty poor. If you do head up to the Barossa, there is always Maggie Beer's which has a farm shop, wine tasting and serves meals all under one roof. Not a winery but worth a look if fancy a bit of retail therapy and food/wine sampling in one stop.

Guest Bluenose

Hi there,

Have a look at Chain of Ponds Winery. They only serve antipasto platters through the day during the week (that may have changed as the place has recently chained hands) It's a beautiful place to sit and take the weight off.

http://www.chainofponds.com.au/

I've included the link for you to have a look at.

Cheers

J

Went to a brilliant one in the Adelaide Hills Wine Region yesterday - Barratt Wines near Ashton - http://www.barrattwines.com.au/ - great sit down tasting, lovely platter of food, really friendly chatty people there - especially Lindsay who is "mein host", lovely wines. Lovely drive through some great scenery on the way, and you can call in at Warrawong Wildlife reserve beforehand which makes a nice day out.

Guest Nat

I don't know how good this is, but it sounds it. http://www.cheeseandwinetrails.com.au/

I've just booked to take my mum on one of the wine and cheese trail at mclaren vale (although there are different venues to choose from). You get to collect a cheese and other bits, hamper from Blessed cheese in Mclaren vale and then do a mini tour of four wineries, where they give you wine tastings that suit the particular foods in your hamper at each winery.

Will be going in a couple of weeks, so will let you know if it's any good, but it does sound like fun.:cute:

Guest Messua

The Miranda winery in the Barossa Valley is wonderful for lunch and the desserts are to die for!

The Miranda winery in the Barossa Valley is wonderful for lunch and the desserts are to die for!

I will second this Lou Miranda food is great,they have a website with menu both for summer and winter,and yes the desserts are to die for.