How long for Medicals to get to Sydney?

GaryP

Guys,

Any idea on what is the norm for how long Medicals usually take to be sent from the UK to Sydney, or once they get there how long does it take for them to change the website to show they have arrived? I didn't pay any extra for anything but standard postage, which I am now starting to regret as the waiting is killing me!!

Ours were sent on the 19/10/09 and as yet no news, I feel I am being slightly impatient however with all of the hassle with the postal service here and the general feeling that something is bound to go wrong with our application I am not sure how long I should leave it before panicking

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Guest guest3462

The medical centre sent 3 of them via email directly to Sydney as we did an online visa application. However, I failed mine first time round and had to repeat it a week later so they couldn't send it by email and we had to send it by courier (£90 and 4 days later it was delivered!) It took less than a week after we saw the courier had delivered them for the email to appear to say they had been cleared. I hope you don't have much longer to wait, can you try ringing your medical centere where you had the medicals and ask them to email it?

We had meds done on 21.10.09 and once bloods came back (said 5 days) they posted them on 26.10.09, the royal mail tracker stated 26.10.09 passed to Oz to be processed. Didnt know they could be emailed.

We didnt see anything on Mail site in Oz until 3.11.09, stated with driver and 4.11.09 as delivered.

Our visa was submitted online end of Sept and everything scanned and sent via agent at same time but the site has not been updated (still showing everything outstanding) except processed further on 6.10.09 (when case officer assigned).

I have been told the CO will usually update everything at the same time but it could take about 2 months from meds hitting Sydney for this to happen.

I did see somebody else post something about the meds as it was still not showing they have received them so she sent her CO an email, she got a reply stating they had them it was updated, she then got an email saying her visa had been approved the next day!! Heres hoping.

Good luck

Thanks Guys,

The web site still shows medicals as being outstanding. I phoned the medical centre and they told me they actually posted them on the 20/10/09 using Royal Mail International service. I didn't ask but don't think they could email them as I did have a problem with my chest X-ray which resulted in me having to have an additional CT scan (which turned out all clear - phew!).

The medical centre did say that they can take about 2 weeks to get there which was up today!! So I think I will give it to the end of this week and if nothing has arrived I might email my agent for his advice.

All I am really after is the assurance is that they have arrived and are not caught up in the Royal Mail mess here !!

If they have used royal mail internation they should have a tracker number mine starts RJ(9 numbers) and ends GB. Enter this into the website below - no spaces:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/personal?pageId=tab_track_rm&catId=500185&mediaId=83900761

which should say passed to Australia for posting, then enter into:

http://www.auspost.com.au/track/ website under domestic tracking to prove they have been delivered in Sydney.

Failing that ring royal mail customer service and give them number and they will do it for you.

At least then if you contact CO you can confirm they have received it.

Wish i knew the hospital could have sent it by email as it would have saved me a week of worry.

It seems like I was panicking unduly as today when I checked the DIAC website, it has changed !!

Everyone's medicals have been finalised except mine!

I assume this is because of the problems with my X-ray so I was kind of expecting a slight delay, but now at least I know that the medicals have arrived and just have to wait now to see if I am fit enough to be accepted!!