Sign in to follow this  
Guest threejays

Which Campus and Where to Live

Guest threejays

Hi,

Coming over as mature (very) student on Student Visa with Hubby and 3 sons age 13, 9 and 6. Will be studying Nursing - first eighteen months at SA Tafe who have campuses in Gilles Plain, Port Adelaide and Noarlunga (is Noarlunga even in Adelaide? if so where?). Then will be switching to Flinders for the next two years which is in Bedford Park. So, my first dilemna is which campus - can anybody help with what the areas are like and has anybody studied at them. Secondly, what sort of distance/time to travel between the Tafe and Flinders - would it be feasible to live somewhere in between the two? Any suggestions on good areas to live (or where to definitely avoid) - bearing in mind I also have to find schools for the darlings! :jiggy:

Guest soggy

Hi,

Port Adelaide is in the North West, Gilles plain the North East and Noarlunga down South, Flinders is also South of the city although not as far as Noarlunga, I would suggest if you don't want a long drive or to move to be closer to Flinders you should go for Noarlunga, and maybe base yourself somewhere south of the city, this is a suggestion based only on geography! I here some on this forum prefer the South to the North of Adelaide

Simon

Guest threejays

Thanks Simon, that is really helpful - my map didn't show Noarlunga, although the TAFE is just on the map - didn't realise that was Noarlunga Campus!