jansibar

Visiting Adelaide for job offer

Hi there

I've just signed up with this website, although have used it in the past for reference. We arrived in Australia 2 weeks ago from Scotland (myself, my husband, and our 15mth old daughter), and are currently staying in Melbourne. However, my husband has been in conversation with a company in Adelaide who are very keen on him and we're visiting Adelaide this weekend so that he can meet up with them and to give us a chance to see Adelaide.

Can anyone give us some ideas of what to see & do while we're there for the weekend, with a view to possibly living there? esp family friendly things. We've visited before but only for 5 days several years ago, and really liked the place...hence we're considering it as an option for living.

cheers!

Guest massive

Hi where abouts is the job as in a weekend you might not get to see alot but at least it will give you something to start with

Hi there

I've just signed up with this website, although have used it in the past for reference. We arrived in Australia 2 weeks ago from Scotland (myself, my husband, and our 15mth old daughter), and are currently staying in Melbourne. However, my husband has been in conversation with a company in Adelaide who are very keen on him and we're visiting Adelaide this weekend so that he can meet up with them and to give us a chance to see Adelaide.

Can anyone give us some ideas of what to see & do while we're there for the weekend, with a view to possibly living there? esp family friendly things. We've visited before but only for 5 days several years ago, and really liked the place...hence we're considering it as an option for living.

cheers!

Hi Jansibar,

Not a lot of time to se everything , Best bet hire a car visit Glenelg, Henley beach, trip out to a couple of winerys visit the city that lot will take you a couple of days.

Enjoy its a great place to visit.

Good luck

Les

Thanks everyone for your replies - sorry for not replying sooner....it's been hectic!

we had a lovely weekend in Adelaide. The job is in the city centre, where we were staying, so had a wee explore of the city & the lake which was nice, then drove around a lot of the suburbs on our way to the Adelaide Hills (Stirling, Bridgewater), Semaphore beach, christies beach, mclaren vale. We'd previously been to Glenelg when we were backpacking 8 years ago!

now we just need to make the decision about where to stay, and if we move to adelaide, whereabouts to live in adelaide...it would be a tough decision between beach & hills!

thanks again - will keep you posted.

j