Guest Lauren & Alan

Keeping Children out of School???

Guest Lauren & Alan

Hi everyone.

We will be moving over sometime next year and have never been before. We plan to get a holiday rental for about 4 weeks while we decide where we want to be.

Was just wondering what everyone else is doing about schooling? My daughter will be 8, I suppose will have to keep her out of school until we find where we want to be.

We like the look of Noarlunga so unsure if to try and get her into that school first but then it ties us to an area!! Is it ok to home school take long holiday do you think???

THANK YOU:arghh:

Guest the4hopes

As far as I know you have 3 months before they have to go to school.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much - at the end of the day, who's going to know? We are now having to move my son schools as we change area, but then we didn't know even after 3 mths where we wanted to be! Although you may feel that you need to get her in to school asap as she'll be bored and lonely - and you'll be very busy! It was a relief to get my son back to school just to have a bit of normality and routine. May have to be one of those things you just have to wait and see how it goes xxx

Guest Lee and Claire

Hi. We were in a holiday rental when we first arrived so kept our son off school until we found a rental in an area we wanted to be in. My son actually started school about 2 weeks after we arrived.

Claire

Guest Lauren & Alan

Thanks guys...I won't feel like such a bad parent if we keep her out of school until be decide where we will be now!