Guest thebaddeleys


    Recommended Posts

    Guest thebaddeleys



    I just waned to check and see if anyone has successfully claimed back their super when leaving Australia to go back home?


    Am I right in thinking that once we leave Australia we can claim back my husbands super. We are on a 457 temp visa.


    Thanks in advance :)

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Kazzarazza

    Hi Kerry,


    Yes you can claim back your super. If you are on a temporary visa that is about to expire (this includes working holiday visa holders, temp workers, etc) and are leaving the country permanently just contact you super fund and they should be able to send you out a form.


    Just as an aside, PR holders can also claim it back if there "intention" is to leave permanently - it doesn't matter if you eventually come back.


    Cheers, Kazza

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now