Denise

Rsms 857

Has anyone had the employee nomination 857 done by their employer? Mine is doing this at the moment and I was just wondering how long it takes to get the permanent residency. We arrived in June on our 475 so can't quite believe how lucky we are getting this already, I have no idea of time line's though and I know a few people on here have been through this process.

Thanks

Denise

Guest caoimhe

Interested in this myself Denise as my O/H company is sponsoring him. I do know the RSMS is now on the priority list

hi i had to work for sponsor for 3 months then apply for pr 857 when all paper work was in it only took a few weeks, we had to get police checks done again as more than 12 months had passed since last ones in uk, husband had to have full medical as he did not have this before we left uk, we also paid 2015 dollars to process application and i have to continue working for same employer for at least 2 years. hope this helps good luck

Guest caoimhe
    we had to get police checks done again as more than 12 months had passed since last ones in uk,

Is it Federal Police checks thats needed and how do you apply for them?

cheers Jacqui

Guest Here at last!

Hi

We arrived on a RSMS so the time line maybe slightly different as we were in the UK when we applied.

The employer lodged his papers and this took approximately 2 weeks we then lodged our visa application and had the visa 12 weeks later. I do know someone else from my OH's company that actually got the visa in 2 weeks so I suppose it depends on how busy they are.

Sonya

Hi Denise,

My Missus is a Nurse and was sponsored by her Hospital, it took us 4 days for the sponsorship to come back(with an age waiver), went into the city for medicals, took 45 mins for X-Rays and consultation with the doc for the both of us!! Longest thing we had to wait for was the UK Police Cert, that took 3 weeks. Once everything was back we posted the application off on a Thursday, it arrived in Melbourne on the Friday at DIAC. The following Monday got what we thought was a request for more info, Turned out to be our GRANT LETTER!!!!!!

Good luck

Steve

Well, things are taking a while with this, my boss lodged the first stage to get the application registered and this is still there and has been for 4weeks now! Anyway, fingers crossed we will get it done soon.

In the meantime I have done my visa application and need to know where I can get certified copies of everything done? It says it has to be a commissioner and just thought someone on here might be able to help.

Denise

Guest caoimhe
    Well, things are taking a while with this, my boss lodged the first stage to get the application registered and this is still there and has been for 4weeks now! Anyway, fingers crossed we will get it done soon.

In the meantime I have done my visa application and need to know where I can get certified copies of everything done? It says it has to be a commissioner and just thought someone on here might be able to help.

Denise

My hubby just got his nomination through last week so I reckon that was about 5 weeks.

We are looking to get certified copies too and if memory serves me right I think you take the stuff into the DIAC in Currie St and they do it....well I hope so as thats our plan:confused:

My hubby just got his nomination through last week so I reckon that was about 5 weeks.

We are looking to get certified copies too and if memory serves me right I think you take the stuff into the DIAC in Currie St and they do it....well I hope so as thats our plan:confused:

I just found out from my friend that there is a justice of the peace who sits in an office right next to Christies beach police station doing certified copies all day, free of charge. You just turn up and get in the queue, sounds good to me and saves a trip to the city.

Did the 5 weeks include the Registration and the nomination from the centre of excellence? Just getting slightly obsessed with this now. Please let me know how long your permanent residence takes to come through too and good luck.

Denise