Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yorkshire lass

first Aid and Mandatory course

Guest Yorkshire lass

Have just returned from Adelaide after registering with a teaching agency. They told me that l need a first aid cert to work in schools and to attend a mandatory course!!! I hope to go back in Dec (their school hols) can l do the courses then and how do l get myself booked on them! Its all very confusing.:confused:

Guest Aussiebound
    Have just returned from Adelaide after registering with a teaching agency. They told me that l need a first aid cert to work in schools and to attend a mandatory course!!! I hope to go back in Dec (their school hols) can l do the courses then and how do l get myself booked on them! Its all very confusing.:confused:

Hi

I'm not a teacher but work as a TA, have also looked into this but don't seem to be able to find much out. have been told that anyone who works in school has to be First Aid qualified. not sure at what level the course has to be, I have just done a course in Peadiatric (not sure of spelling) first aid, covers up to 8 years old and lasts for 3 years.

Have emailed my friend who lives in Adelaide, shes going to call into a school and see if she can find anything out for me.

Will post any info as I found out.

Sarah