Guest theknights

Clubs/after school activities for Kids around Willunga/Aldinga

Guest theknights

We've been in Willunga for nearly 8 weeks now and have a 7 year daughter who used to do loads of different clubs like brownies, swimming etc back in the UK. Im interested in getting her involved in the surf life club at Aldinga but (and it sounds like a really daft question) what do they actually do, does anyone have children in the club and what other out of school activities are there around this area for kids?

any ideas or advice would be appreciated

Earl (38) and still jobless! Alison (37) and Isabelle (7) :wubclub:

Have a look at the site for Surf Life Saving SA. http://www.surfrescue.com.au/

The Aldinga Club would come under their banner.

It is almost the end of the year for brownies and guides now, but it is worth contacting the HQ in Adelaide to find out if there are any in your area. They start again in February.

Guest Tina P

Hi,

State Swim at Seaford is the nearest to you for swimming lessons - 8386 3338, my 2 love swimming lessons.

We went last week to join surf club at Silver Sands but it was full, we are on the waiting list and hopefully get a place soon. Still going down on a Sat afternoon though as Molly did join in last week as someone was absent.

Start time is 2pm.

I know there are Guides in both Willunga and Mclaren Vale.

Bye

Tina

There are scouts too in Aldinga (boys and girls) that meet on a Monday evening. My two both go to state swim at Seaford and are members at Aldinga Surf Lifesaving. Come down on Saturday to Silver Sands, you can always join the waiting list, as Tina said it's full at present but they were still waiting for some of last years members to confirm if they were rejoining this year!

Guest theknights

Hi there,

thats fab, thanks, will come down to Silver Sands on saturday.

Ali x

Im interested in getting her involved in the surf life club at Aldinga but (and it sounds like a really daft question) what do they actually do, for kids?

I remembered the above post when I read this in today's news.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26349416-5006301,00.html

What terrific training these Nippers must have had to do so well in an emergency.

Hi Alison

Surf Lifesaving was cancelled yesterday due to the heat (as have a lot of sporting clubs this week), go down next weekend to the Aldinga Bay Club at Silver Sands and see if there is a space for her, go down for about 1.30 ish and that will give you time to fill in all the paperwork (there is loads!)

Lindsey

Hi Alison

Surf Lifesaving was cancelled yesterday due to the heat (as have a lot of sporting clubs this week), go down next weekend to the Aldinga Bay Club at Silver Sands and see if there is a space for her, go down for about 1.30 ish and that will give you time to fill in all the paperwork (there is loads!)

Lindsey

Our elder two are at Moana and theirs was on yesterday, I thought it would have been cancelled though. They only joined last week so you could give them a try if you want, but you may want closer.

Hope you're settling in, we've only been here since Oct 7th and really enjoying it. Our four managed to all have lessons at the same time at Noarlunga. Can't comment on the standard of instruction as we were in the water with the younger two.

Cooler

Guest theknights

Hi there

Many thanks for that, we've got her name down on the waiting list at Aldinga, so if we dont hear something by, say the middle of Dec, we'll give Moana a try.

Yep we are settling in ok but it still feels like we are on holiday!

Guest cbeeb

guides in mclarenvale are on wed night 6pm to 7 .30 next to RSL. guides in willunga are thur nite in sports hall across from Alma, they do not have brownies here all called guides.

cricket season now there is milo cricket in willunga on sunday mornings. Soccer is on in willunga in the winter.

Drama/dance classes in hall at top of main strret also there is usually a board outside with contact details.

my son goes horseriding on the aldinga road