Guest rachinadelaide

The most relaxing holiday ever! (apart from the tiger snake!)

Guest rachinadelaide

Just back from a long weekend on a houseboat on the Murray... It was one of the best holidays ever.

We went from Renmark (we took or kayak and wanted to go to a part of the river with lots of creeks to explore) and took the 2 person paddle-wheel boat Liba 3. The boat has been re-furbished and is lovely and modern. We pootled along the river stopping each time we saw a creek so we could leap in the kayak and explore.

At night we were totally alone along the river bank and sat dangling our feet in the river, watching the sunset with a glass of wine and trying to talk to each other over the noise of the birds and insects!! The stars were amazing - saw a couple of shooting ones.

We swam in the river to keep cool and drank beer and wine to keep hydrated!!

We saw 6 emus, 8 kangaroos, lots of leaping carp, heaps of birds and a turtle (we think). On one one of our jaunts down a creek we saw a tiger snake having a swim..... will attempt to upload photo.... Don't hold your breath!!

Guest rachinadelaide

Hey presto... picture should appear...

picture.php?albumid=96&pictureid=593

By jove I think I've done it.

Here's another....

picture.php?albumid=96&pictureid=592

Pictures are amazing!!! we went on the Murray last year and agree its the most relaxing holiday we have had. (glad we didn't see any snakes though!) Will definantly be going again

Guest guest3462

Pictures are amazing!!! We're of to Wilpena pound this weekend, so I hope we get sdome good ones to report back too!

Guest thekings

Wow looks amazing, you could be giving Jonny "Tyke" Morris a run for his money with these widlife threads :biglaugh:;)

Guest rachinadelaide
    Wow looks amazing, you could be giving Jonny "Tyke" Morris a run for his money with these widlife threads :biglaugh:;)

I like a challenge....!!

I have a fabulous ant photo. First time we went camping here it decided to share our tent with us. It was very vicious and seemed to think it could take on 2 fully-grown adults.... It probably could!

I'll post it when I get home.

Guest rachinadelaide
    Pictures are amazing!!! We're of to Wilpena pound this weekend, so I hope we get sdome good ones to report back too!

We love Wilpena!!

Will you be climbing St Mary's Peak...? The views are amazing. Might be a bit hot for that sort of behaviour this weekend though.

Guest soggy

Hi,

did you still swim in the river after the tiger snake ?:):)

Simon

Guest rachinadelaide
    Hi,

did you still swim in the river after the tiger snake ?:):)

Simon

Yes!! My husband assures me they don't want to bite people....

Guest Fancy a Beer

Sounds good, we are doing the same for the week over New Year with 2 other families, so hope we all get on ok!! :err: