Boat/fishing trip anyone??

Guest Guest75

Guest Murphysegg

Hey Tyke, i caught a few leather jackets up North Haven but didn't know what they were at the time so threw them back !!! Doh !!!.

How do you cook yours up ? Any recipe tips ?

Would luv to come out on the boat with you as i'm stuck with just shore based fishing. Unfortunately don't chk up on here regularly enough. If youve got spaces in the future, please send me a Pm.

Guest Guest75
Hey Tyke, i caught a few leather jackets up North Haven but didn't know what they were at the time so threw them back !!! Doh !!!.

How do you cook yours up ? Any recipe tips ?

Would luv to come out on the boat with you as i'm stuck with just shore based fishing. Unfortunately don't chk up on here regularly enough. If youve got spaces in the future, please send me a Pm.

Leatherjackets - or Elvis fish taste really nice.

The bigger the better!

I chop the head off and then you peel the skin off - it's a lot tougher than ordinary fish skin.

From there either fillet and lightly fry in flour/egg mix or bake whole.

Watch out for their bite and "trigger" on top!

Guest Guest75
Will take you up on that offer of help mate.....must start reading the booklet in earnest...

Thanks man.

HG

I'd read it everywhere............ sorry could not resist:biglaugh:;)

The IALA Bouyage system is the one that got me.