Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark&rachel

Medicals

Guest mark&rachel

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help. My 10 month son has been diagnosed with having only 1 kidney that is functioning properly. The other is not working at all but nature being sometimes kind to us the other has taken over its role.

Question i have is will this affect our medicals? He is having it removed in Jan. Surely we cant be penalised for that can we?

Mark

Guest Django

I can't see it being a problem. He doesn't need any care for it so it shouldn't matter one bit. The medicals aren't anything to worry about. So long as you fill in the forms and answer their questions honestly you should be fine.

Guest mark&rachel

Yes i have spoken with Doctor who is doing medicals and he says that as long as its not infectious (ie HIV or HEP C) and he wont be a drain on there system it should be ok.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Its so much stress, losing out on something that cannot be helped would be dreadful!

Guest nishman

They are only worried with medical issues that fall into two criteria:

1) may cause a risk (health or other) to the population

2) issues that will require ongoing (and costly) medical treatment, more than would be expected for "the average australian citizen" (i.e. a greater financial burdon on the health system or would take resources away from a citizen).

If you can cross those two out, you should have no problems :)