tesco

Guest me123

Guest Rob and Clare

That story has been kicking around for a while.... Though I wouldn't be suprised if it did happen one day.

I for one wouldn't be upset, I didn't mind when the american's bought Asda, when the spanish bought Abby National, or when the aussies opened the largest shopping mall in (europe I think ?) at westfield London. It's a small world these days and you have to accept it.

:wubclub:

That story has been kicking around for a while.... Though I wouldn't be suprised if it did happen one day.

I for one wouldn't be upset, I didn't mind when the american's bought Asda, when the spanish bought Abby National, or when the aussies opened the largest shopping mall in (europe I think ?) at westfield London. It's a small world these days and you have to accept it.

i know your right but i find the whole shopping thing here brill and was sick of the TESCO thing in the uk ..here there is loads of choice food tastes better i thought the quality of TESCO food was quite poor,the clothes were a bit fuddy duddy,the fashion here is so much better lets hope they stay uk based only and leave us well alone!

i know your right but i find the whole shopping thing here brill and was sick of the TESCO thing in the uk ..here there is loads of choice food tastes better i thought the quality of TESCO food was quite poor,the clothes were a bit fuddy duddy,the fashion here is so much better lets hope they stay uk based only and leave us well alone!

While I don't like the corporate side of Tesco (or supermarkets generally) with their never-ending push to make more money, squeeze suppliers and drive out competition, I have to say that I disagree with you on the quality and choice. imho (and at the risk of this thread degenerating into chaos), UK supermarkets are in a totally different and superior league to what's available here.

I'll now take cover ...

Jim

Guest caoimhe

i know your right but i find the whole shopping thing here brill and was sick of the TESCO thing in the uk !

I must I do like the fact of all the small shops like fruit shops, butchers and bakery's that are still afforable here, very few survived in the UK when the big supermarkets came in and those that did may have been good quality but heck did you pay for it. I just would like the supermarkets to be a bit cheaper, I always found Tesco and Asda's home brands good quality and cheaper than the named brands....suppose I can't have it both ways though:skeptical:

Guest Rob and Clare
While I don't like the corporate side of Tesco (or supermarkets generally) with their never-ending push to make more money, squeeze suppliers and drive out competition, I have to say that I disagree with you on the quality and choice. imho (and at the risk of this thread degenerating into chaos), UK supermarkets are in a totally different and superior league to what's available here.

I'll now take cover ...

Jim

Yeah, where is the huge electronics section, DIY area and large gardening area where a bloke can get lost for 1/2 hour before re-appearing to put a case of Stella's and a microwave curry in the trolly before it's time to pay.

Guest nishman

I'd be more worried that the two main supermarkets would become one even bigger one! The main thing affecting the price of groceries here is the lack of competition. Would Tesco's be selling beans for 9p if there wasn't competition from Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys, Co-Op etc ? The big two here are up against the much smaller IGA/Drake supermarkets - that's it.

It certainly pays to shop around here (including using the green-grocers, butchers and fish mongers) and note what's on offer, where, from the bi-weekly junk mail drops :)