Guest Skippy

Very worried twelve year old!

Guest Skippy

Hi,

My name is Beth and I'm twelve years old. I'm moving out to Adelaide with my parents, and my three sisters. The main thing I'm worried about is the school. I'm going a few weeks into the term. I know that over in England it's 'cool' to bunk off and things like that. All the girls wear really heavy make up and have their skirt too high, and the boys try to bunk off and cause trouble. Is it like that in Australian secondry schools? Are most of the pupils, including the seniors, really into the work?

Another thing is about the 'crowds'. Do you have the popular kids, the girly ones, the football fanatics, and just the normal ones?

P.S

Does anyone know the local secondry school for Sheidow Park near Hallet cove?

Hi Skippy, please don't worry. Aussie kids are really good at making you feel welcome and are very friendly for the most part. My daughter is much older (15) but she ahd no problems making friends. I don't think there is such a big deal over the "in crowds" - most kids look the same. Maybe some of the other younger members could answer this better for you. But, really most people are very friendly

Guest nathan

hi im 14 and i moved over here 2 weeks ago and i made lots of mates and if u wanna talk add me on msn just private message me for my msn

Guest Lisado

Hi Beth

I can't really comment as my kids are younger but from what I see the girls dont seem to wear loads of make up (too hot and I wear less) Yes some seem to wear skirts/dresses high but I think you get that anywhere in the world

Shall I tell you what I love here. I'm 37 and it makes me feel happy

I love to sit on the beach and see groups of friends from 12 up - just hanging out, surfing, body boarding or just chatting without any threat of "do I look good" "who's he/she looking at" - I have to tell you its great

If i was younger I couldnt think of a better place to live. To me its a case of people take you as you are.

I did body boarding for 1st time today and I didntfeel silly - I felt happy s everyone takes you as you are

Enjoy it here beth and live life to the full

Lisa x

Guest Skippy

Hi Lisa,

I'm Beths mum and just wanted to say thanks for your kind and helpful words. Beths at school at the moment and will be thrilled to read her replys!

Adelaide teenage life sounds so relaxed! Beth wants to work hard but also feels so much pressure to not bother here in the uk! Can't wait to start our new adventure next year!

Thanks again Anna

Beth: HA HA HA!!!! I've been reading the posts now ha ha! GTG now byee x

Guest ozziehonor

hii im 13 and i moved here abouut 3 months ago

its realli relaxed here and youll make friends easily

when i first started school ever1 wanted 2 talk to me and theyy make youu feel realli welcome

the high schools are pretty much the same as theyy are in england but theyy are a lot more laid back

i love it here

hope this is helps

honor

Guest -x- ellie -x-

Hi, im ellie and im moving to adelaide in australia, my mum is always going on here so i thought i would see it for myself...

im worried about going to australia and i will miss my friends (although they have offered to hide my in their closets, under their beds etc.!!!) but i would really like it if we could be friends because im eleven now so by the time im in oz i will be twelve

Guest Emilymae

hi i'm 12 at the moment and my sister is 11. if you want our msn's just give me a pm and i'll send you it back

emily

xx

(i'm nearly 13 and alice is nearly 12)

Guest -x- ellie -x-
    hi i'm 12 at the moment and my sister is 11. if you want our msn's just give me a pm and i'll send you it back

emily

xx

(i'm nearly 13 and alice is nearly 12)

hi i'm ellie, im twelve and i live in seaford, i go to seaford 6-12 where do you guys live?:v_SPIN:

Guest Emilymae

at the moment we still live in norfolk, england but we are hoping to move by this time next year

emily

Guest -x- ellie -x-

oh cool :) , im in aussie now (obv)

my name is ellie mae so really close lol,

well when you can come over i'm sure i can talk to you and stuff and tell u about schools.

Guest Emilymae

ok, thanks ellie,

was it hard to leave all your friends?

emily

xx