Finally TRA confirmed!!

Guest Kerry&Paul

Guest Kerry&Paul

Well after 4 months of waiting we have finally heard back from TRA and they have given us the go ahead at last!! :biglaugh:

It feels like it has been a lifetime since this process started (March) however I now feel we can move forward and get the visa application loged. We have been informed that the 175 visa is taking a minimum of 2 years to process which seems a way off however it gives us chance to get the house finshed and ready for selling and hopefully by then we might actually be able to sell it!!

Anyway at least I can get back to making lists about lists!!!

Kerry

Guest mumoftwo

Congratulations, another milestone! Due to 2 year delay we have switched our 175 to a 176 state spons. with SA. We were advised the state spon. takes approx. 6-8 weeks, we are currently week 7 so have everything crossed for good news soon......... Then it should be just a case of awaiting allocation of a imm. officer to do med and police check (fingers crossed), however until we have that stamp in our passports I am living in fear of the goal posts moving again.......!

Guest Kerry&Paul

Thanks for that. We wish you luck with your app. We considered changing to the 176 however due to the messing about we have had so far and the fact that we would then have to go through Engineers Australia (Paul is the Engineer) instead of TRA we decided to leave it. Just keep thinking of that sunshine!!

Guest thekings

Hi Kerry & Paul, and also mumoftwo!! Do you have jobs on the CSL? As you caused me to panic when I heard that there is now a 2 year wait on 175 visas :arghh: Have spoken to agent however and luckily for me I'm on the CSL so should be processed quicker than that. Still not sure of the time line though.

Apparently we almost had a CO apponted at the end of September but apparently it was just someone having a peek at our file :huh:.

Guest mumoftwo

Hi,

Sorry to painc you and glad to hear your application is progressing well. We applied under a 175 however when the changes were announced a few months ago as Andy's job was not on the CSL (Engineer) we faced a 'two year hold' best case scenario. Although we are in no rush it’s a long time to live in 'limbo' and no guarantees at the end so, we switched to a 176 state sponsored application. Our main application is already in the Q (going nowhere) so all we had to do was lodged the state part which was done on 29th Sept from memory and normally takes 6-8 weeks so I am told. We are currently week 7 and waiting with baited breath! If and when we get the sponsorship stamp (reference no.) our application will still not be 'high' priority however it will be moved to a Q that is moving - so we just have to sit and wait for an officer to be appointed, then called for medicals and police checks – whilst keeping everything crossed.

Great to be able to share experiences tho x

Guest Kerry&Paul
Hi Kerry & Paul, and also mumoftwo!! Do you have jobs on the CSL? As you caused me to panic when I heard that there is now a 2 year wait on 175 visas :arghh: Have spoken to agent however and luckily for me I'm on the CSL so should be processed quicker than that. Still not sure of the time line though.

Apparently we almost had a CO apponted at the end of September but apparently it was just someone having a peek at our file :huh:.

Hi there,

At the time our original application was loged with TRA, we were told to tick the box that matched Paul's job title and the nearest one was Mechanical Engineer. This apparently is not on the CSL, which is why we were directed through TRA. However if he had ticked the box that said Engineer - Mechanical/Engineer - Productive the app would have gone throgh Engineers Australia instead as that title is on the CSL!! When I asked our agent why she didn't direct us towards the CSL listed title, she said at the time it didn't make a difference which route we went through. Now it does due to the changes that have been made however we feel we have already been through the mill as we have had to loge 2 apps with TRA due to a problem with the first one, which is why we just decided to leave it for now on the 175.

Hope that helps and good luck with your app.

Kerry