Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lollipop

Anyone fix Lawn-Mowers?

Guest Lollipop

I have a petrol lawn mower, that is not working at the moment.

Is there any local reasonably priced lawn mower repairers, I live near Marion shopping centre.

Thanks

Guest knsc
    I have a petrol lawn mower, that is not working at the moment.

Is there any local reasonably priced lawn mower repairers, I live near Marion shopping centre.

Thanks

whats wrong with it might be able to give you some pointers to fix it yourself if you want.

Guest Lollipop

Hi,

I think it is the rewind spring is broken, but am not 100% whether it is something else. I was just using it and it cut out completely, and it did have enough fuel in it, but what is bothering me is why it cut out in the first place.

Guest knsc
    Hi,

I think it is the rewind spring is broken, but am not 100% whether it is something else. I was just using it and it cut out completely, and it did have enough fuel in it, but what is bothering me is why it cut out in the first place.

If the rewind spring was broken the rope would pull out all the way and stay out.

A broken spring does not normally cause a machine to cut out unless the rope has wound around the pulley.

On most of the mowers I fix it is a dirty/blocked air filter and a fouled plug that causes this, easiest thing to do is check the air filter and the spark plug, if the spark plug looks black or oily then replace it and the air filter.