Lol63

birth control

Hi all, I have the depo injection and am not due another till just before xmas, can anyone recommend a decent doctor or health centre in Morphett Vale, we have only just arrived (2 weeks) and are still gettin our bearins. Am too old and cranky to be a new mum..lol

Hi there I would make an appointment and go to ShineSA (family planning and sexual health centre) at Noarlunga (by the Colonades), the deal with everything there - family planning, pap smears, breast checks etc, etc. Staff are very well trained and approachable. There is a fee of $10 for the year to access all of there services.

http://www.shinesa.org.au/go/our-services/clinics/clinics

Lindsey

Guest Aussie pat
    Hi there I would make an appointment and go to ShineSA (family planning and sexual health centre) at Noarlunga (by the Colonades), the deal with everything there - family planning, pap smears, breast checks etc, etc. Staff are very well trained and approachable. There is a fee of $10 for the year to access all of there services.

http://www.shinesa.org.au/go/our-services/clinics/clinics

Lindsey

Many thanks for the plug Lindsey as I actually work for SHine as a Community Health Nurse! Have just checked our recent price list. A year's subscription to the service is $20 and $10 for those with a healthcare card or on benefits. Each vial of Depo costs $19. Unless you're lucky enough to find a GP who bulk bills most now charge at least $30 per visit ($120 for the 4 visits needed per year).

I still grapple with the charges as we never charged for contraception in the UK so I never had to talk about money.

Hope this is of help. Hedy

Many thanks for the plug Lindsey as I actually work for SHine as a Community Health Nurse! Have just checked our recent price list. A year's subscription to the service is $20 and $10 for those with a healthcare card or on benefits. Each vial of Depo costs $19. Unless you're lucky enough to find a GP who bulk bills most now charge at least $30 per visit ($120 for the 4 visits needed per year).

I still grapple with the charges as we never charged for contraception in the UK so I never had to talk about money.

Hope this is of help. Hedy

Thats my ideal job - I presume you were a family planning nurse in the UK - What is the way in here like - I'm a nurse/midwife

Lindsey

In Wagga I was paying $64 for a visit to the GP and $24 for the injection so all in all $88 of which I would get around $32 back from medicare, so I will defo be payin a visit to Shine in Noarlunga.