hi, i'm just starting the process of gathering papers for nursing registration, but would love some advice from fellow nurses. I've had a look online and there doesn't seem to be many jobs going (I work in Recovery/HDU) and i'm a bit concerned. Is it better to ring the hospitals direct or go through an agency? We're coming over on a reccie in Feb and I would love to have to some visits/interviews lined up-any advice much appreciated...:huh:

Hiya

I contacted the hospital direct but many others I work with used agencies. I'm not sure that there is much difference but I did get a lump sum of about $1500 towards costs of moving which the others did not.

I guess at least the agencies will know who is employing in your area of expertise.

Best of luck

Catherine

Guest Carolandcraig

My wife got a job though an agency, believe me theres plenty of jobs for nurses all over Oz, if your intrested PM me and ill send you the agency web address and the email of our contact accross there

Guest rowy

Hi there, I am a Midwife and went for a reccie Oct 08. Had e mailed a few hospitals before we went and met with the Heads of Midwifery. Jobs dont seem to be a problem, but they did say they did not want me to go through an agency. They said its costly for them and there is no need. So we hope to go next summer and I will be shortly contacting them again. Andy and Lindsey helped me a lot, on this forum, Nurse and Midwife, and they met up with us too and continue to support me. They wont mind any questions from you I dont think. Penny

Guest Django

Don't fret. There are loads of jobs here for nurses. If you send your cv off to hospitals and/or agencies they will arrange telephone interviews and offer you jobs before you get on the plane.

On the radio last week they said there is a shortage around 600 nurses in the Adelaide area.

Guest chelleron

Hi,

We are going for reccie in feb as well, we leave uk on the 8th feb, iam am also a registered nurse and hoping to find work in ortho but not to bothered would take any specialty, maybe we could met were are you staying?