Guest k8bug79

A couple of rental questions

Guest k8bug79

Hi, well things look like they could be moving along for us, yay. I noticed a couple of things that have been concerning me re rentals. Firstly I know of alot of people have bought references from their banks, now we are just clawing our way out of a bad patch finacially and whilst we are still probably a year or so away from actually moving I can't imagine a reference from my bank will b e glowing. We are in rented accomodation so can get references from this and probably our previous landlord so that would be over 4 years worth of references, but will not having bank references hold us back?

Also we are hoping that hubby will come over witha job, but in reality we know that is unlikely, so it will be best to have a few months rent behind us. Luckily though my husabdn is a citizen by descent, now I haven't researched this in great detail but I believe this entitles him to help from benefits if it became necessary, does this give us a better footing to secure a rental????

We're hoping in an ideal world that hubby will geta joba nd we can come out with onlya months rent and deposit as that will mean a whole laod less saving this end before the move. Has anyone done this and managed to get a rental or di anyone do it and struggle???

Thanks

Hi, well things look like they could be moving along for us, yay. I noticed a couple of things that have been concerning me re rentals. Firstly I know of alot of people have bought references from their banks, now we are just clawing our way out of a bad patch finacially and whilst we are still probably a year or so away from actually moving I can't imagine a reference from my bank will b e glowing. We are in rented accomodation so can get references from this and probably our previous landlord so that would be over 4 years worth of references, but will not having bank references hold us back?

Also we are hoping that hubby will come over witha job, but in reality we know that is unlikely, so it will be best to have a few months rent behind us. Luckily though my husabdn is a citizen by descent, now I haven't researched this in great detail but I believe this entitles him to help from benefits if it became necessary, does this give us a better footing to secure a rental????

We're hoping in an ideal world that hubby will geta joba nd we can come out with onlya months rent and deposit as that will mean a whole laod less saving this end before the move. Has anyone done this and managed to get a rental or di anyone do it and struggle???

Thanks

i would have thought references from previous landlords would be enough to be honest :)we had no references but offered to pay 3 months up front which swung ours x

Guest Guest75

Just having plenty of references should do it.

You may be asked to show proof of funds by way of a bank statement as well.

It does depend on the agent and landlord.

Guest k8bug79

Thanks guys that's good news. we are hoping to open an Australian bank account before we go and maybe that will mean the UK bank references aren't so vital?????

Guest WoodMartin

We supplied copies of Aussie bank balance, plus a letter from agent who sold our home in the UK. No bank reference, did not seem to be a problem. We offered to pay six months in advance but did not have to in the end.

We were asked for up to date rates giving our old address, was wonderin if this was the norm or cos we moved interstate? also you need 100 points I.D, passport, drivers license, medicare, gas n elec bills, they do give you a list so don't worry,