Guest shella_n

How did you get sponsorhip?

Guest shella_n

Hi

For all those who got there on sponship just wondering how you go it? Through someone you knew, applying directly for jobs etc? We are looking for some inspiration and advice!

Thanks

Michelle

Find your occupation on the skills shortage list, find a company that works in that occupation, send them email, fly over for interview, go home, sell house and come back 6 weeks later. 8 months in total from email to arriving in Adelaide!! Well thats how we did it anyway. lol

Guest shella_n
    Find your occupation on the skills shortage list, find a company that works in that occupation, send them email, fly over for interview, go home, sell house and come back 6 weeks later. 8 months in total from email to arriving in Adelaide!! Well thats how we did it anyway. lol

wow - your so lucky. We have tried emailing peopl that have jobs going but cant get anyone to look at - presumably cause we are n the ok and they dont like the idea of sponsorship,. mabye we should just do a mail sho to many compaes as we an.

I am 99% sure that i hubby got an interview he wold get the job as he is so good t what he does.

Thaks for advice.

Guest UzinOz

Same for us, I emailed a few companies that did the same work, luckily one of them emailed back asking for phone number, phoned and offered to sponsor, we didn't expect it, we were just asking about work availability and wages etc.

As Sean said it is a really quick visa, we dragged it out our end for various reasons but reckon we could've been here in a few months from application of TRA.

Good Luck

Jackie

hi try recruitment agency for your profession or trade as a nurse i went through profco agency they arranged telephone interview and sponsorship within three months. good luck sue

Guest shella_n

Hi

Thanks for all your replies. Ive been inspired to send some more emails. Husband is a stonemason by the way - just in case anyone has any insider knowledge or ideas!