Guest lkaddoumi

Visa 475 new considerations on the 23rd September decision

Guest lkaddoumi

Hello there,

I am waiting for a CO (visa 475-non CSL) we were expecting to have it by September when the new Q system took place. Today I received an email from my agent saying:

"The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction no. 42 - order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalized this program year. Finalizations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer."

How can I have a copy of the Ministerial Direction no. 42, was searching in DIAC website but without luck.

Does anyone know about this new direction?

Thanks all in advance.

Luciana

Guest Nick11

Only suggestion I can make is to contact your agent who should know.

Guest Tina P
    Only suggestion I can make is to contact your agent who should know.

Hi Nick

Wondering if you got your PR ?

I know it had taken a while from a previous thread.

Tina

Guest Nick11

Yes hun - got it about 8 weeks ago!!!!!

So much happened since. Not had time to think

Nick

x

Guest Kazzarazza
    Hello there,

I am waiting for a CO (visa 475-non CSL) we were expecting to have it by September when the new Q system took place. Today I received an email from my agent saying:

"The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction no. 42 - order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalized this program year. Finalizations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer."

How can I have a copy of the Ministerial Direction no. 42, was searching in DIAC website but without luck.

Does anyone know about this new direction?

Thanks all in advance.

Luciana

Hi Luciana,

Have you been on the parent site (www.pomsinoz.com) at all?

There is a thread in the Migration Issues section called "Category 5 news" which follows on from a protest meeting that PIO organised with Australia House in London earlier this week. Gollywobbler is the migration issues guru and she has put plenty of updated information on there. There does appear to be some movement on Category 5 SS, non-CSL visas this week so keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Cheers, Kazza

Nick

x

Wow, missed that Nick.

That's great news, will have to get you down here when we get a barbie, still not got one:err:

Really pleased for you,

Cooler

Guest Tina P

Nick

x[/quote

Good, congratulations.

Tina

This is a copy of the email received from my agent.

I was one of the lucky ones and now have my visa but glad for all the people out there who were nearly there and spent money on their medicals.

ADDITIONAL PROCESSING OF CATEGORY 5 APPLICATIONS

The Australian Minister for Migration has announced that a further 3,000 non-Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration visa applications will be priority processed to finalisation.

Under immense pressure following his unpopular September announcements, Mr. Evans has obviously reconsidered certain elements of the changes imposed. To know whether you are classified as one of the lucky 3,000, you must:

· have been granted State Sponsorship and

· have been formally requested by a DIAC Case Officer to complete your Medicals and Police Clearances

Basically, these visas are for those in the Category 5 group – applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government and whose occupations are NOT on the Critical Skills List (CSL).

Statement from DIAC

“The Department anticipates that a small number of State Sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year (30th June 2010). Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the Case Officer.”

Guest D&LA

WOW ! Amazing news or what! Got a call from our agent, this morning, who also confirmed this and talk about timing we were about to conclude missives on a house purchase today as couldn't face the prospect of renting for 3 years ! Looking out the barbie also - and a massive smile on all our faces !

Wow, missed that Nick.

That's great news, will have to get you down here when we get a barbie, still not got one:err:

Really pleased for you,

Cooler

:arghh::arghh:

Well you had better hurry up and get one matey......:chatterbox:

HG

Guest Nick11
    Wow, missed that Nick.

Really pleased for you,

Cooler

Sent you a pm babes.

Guest Umar

We got our grant letter, Thanks to PIA people, all of you have really helped me alot.