Boxertony

Uregent Query About Pickfords Removals V Doree Bonner

We have booked Doree Bonner to come and pack our stuff on the Thursday 10th December 2009 they have quoted us £820.00 for a 142 Cubic Feet container. But only today we have had a phone call from Pickfords Removals, who has now quoted us £750 on a 145 Cubic Feet Container. So I telephoned Doree Bonner back and they mentioned to me that Pickfords are going through insolvency and chasing debts and that they are in finiancial difficulty and we should not go through them. So I telephoned Pickfords back and mentioned this to them and the representative said there is nothing to worry about and they had some difficulties in February 2009 but everything is ok now.

What I am asking, has anyone got anything to say about this and has anyone used these most recently, is it worth going with Pickfords and saving us £70.00 or staying with Doree Bonner.

the only thing i can say is that we got a quote from both & Doreen Bonner were by far the cheapest so we will be using them , but that was 3.5k for a 20ft container with only our housewhole goods , where as Pickfords were wanting 4k .

Guest thekings

we had a quote today from pickfords for a 20 foot container and it was $4600!!!! Anglo pacific wanted £4300

Guest kelly1980

Hi We got quotes from 4 companies and decided to go with pickfords as the cheapest. We're due to complete on 11th December and so far so good but we have paid quite a lot of money already and are stuff is going into store for 12 weeks before shipping so now i'm a little worried! any more info would be great! thank you

We have booked Doree Bonner to come and pack our stuff on the Thursday 10th December 2009 they have quoted us £820.00 for a 142 Cubic Feet container. But only today we have had a phone call from Pickfords Removals, who has now quoted us £750 on a 145 Cubic Feet Container. So I telephoned Doree Bonner back and they mentioned to me that Pickfords are going through insolvency and chasing debts and that they are in finiancial difficulty and we should not go through them. So I telephoned Pickfords back and mentioned this to them and the representative said there is nothing to worry about and they had some difficulties in February 2009 but everything is ok now.

What I am asking, has anyone got anything to say about this and has anyone used these most recently, is it worth going with Pickfords and saving us £70.00 or staying with Doree Bonner.

I have just received a personal message from the MD of Pickfords via Poms in OZ website forum assuring me that everything is great about his company and that we are going to have a chat on the telephone tomorrow.

Guest Nick11

Personally I would err on the side of caution. No they probably wont go belly up - but do you want the added worry of it. Emmigrating is stressful enough without the worry of whether you'll ever see your container again.

Alarm bells ring in my mind if the MD is trawling immigration websites to assure prospective clients!!!

For 70 quid is it worth the worry.

Guest adelaidehillsboy

Hi All, we went through Doree Bonner and couldnt fault them, i thought they were really good and treated us well, we also had an insurance claim for a couple of broken items and they paid up with 2 weeks no issues at all.

Regards

Mark ( Coromandel Valley ) 2 years in Jan and we love it here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Lisado

Before anyone starts panicking I have spoken to my Hubby who is an Insolvency Solicitor and asked him

Pickfords is the largest removal company in the world. It is possible that they may have financial problems due to a down turn in trade but a lot of other smaller companies would have gone under. Best advice is to ensure that goods are insured and that the company is registered with the relevant body. I imagine Pickfords would be. Besides it is a group of companies if one is going under they will cut it lose from the group. If they were insolvent I suspect that they would have sought advice and put the company into a CVA or Administration and I have not heard this yet. No director of a company of that size would risk trading with knowledge of insolvency, it would open them up to personal liabilities of millions.

It was a competitor that stated this, oldest sales patter in the book. However just in case tell people to check Companies House for any notices and the removal association who ever they are.

Companies House details are available online, Lisa