Guest mike2oz

Plumbers license and skills assement for RSMS visa

Guest mike2oz

Hi,

I’m currently in the process of applying for a RSMS visa. My agent has asked me to start looking at doing my Vetasses in London. This is currently not a requirement for this visa but he thinks the DIAC will move the goal posts on this visa due to the fact this is a licensed trade. So if I start applying now with vetasses for my assessment it could prevent any delays in the future. If possible I would like to skip this step for two reasons. The assessment is very expensive and the next dates are not available yet for 2010. My question is will my skills assessment guarantee me my license or is it better to bring all my qualification papers and references to Adelaide and present it the plumbing board and see if they grant me a license. I’m off to Adelaide early next year for a holiday anyway so I could visit the plumbing and draining board then. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks mike

Guest kfoley0681

hi myhusband had his skills assessed but this does not give you a licence here. also please be aware that the plumbers licence is in 3 parts if you have prior evidence of being a plumber this will give you the licence for the 1st section then you will need to do a 6 week course as3500 to gain the second part of the licence which enables you to work for someone else then you need to do an8 module course taking approx 2 years to be able to work for yourself!

Hi Mike, i have completed the vetassess assessment, and i am led to believe you will still have to apply for your license whilst you are out in oz, my friend went the TRA way and he has had to get his license out there, all vetassess do is basically confirm that you are what you say you are a PLUMBER ETC.

hope this helps Gary.

Oh and by the way Mike, i was was informed by my Agent that vetassess dont go to London now, only Accrington up north, there was 3 lads from London on my Course day, which was held in Accrington.

Gary