Sign in to follow this  
Guest thekings

Getting back home insurance!!

Guest thekings

Met a guy at a Christmas party last night who almost emmigrated to Oz, and he said that you could get insurance that would pay for return flights if you needed to return to England say for example family emergencies like parents becoming seriously ill.

Anyone heard of this, if so is it worth it, website links etc :)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

Excess (the shippers) offer something like that with their package, first year is free for all family to fly (return) to UK and it about £180 to keep it running for more years. It called Kinsure www.kinsure.co.uk

Guest thekings

Thanks for that The Dimmocks, looks like a worthwhile policy to have, was a bit sceptical of the web link to start with.....looks a bit dubious :biglaugh:

Guest The Dimmocks

We not looked to much into it at the moment, but when the man from excess mentioned it seemed a good thing to have in place. Let us know if you go any further with it.

Michelle

Guest soggy
    Met a guy at a Christmas party last night who almost emmigrated to Oz, and he said that you could get insurance that would pay for return flights if you needed to return to England say for example family emergencies like parents becoming seriously ill.

Anyone heard of this, if so is it worth it, website links etc :)

Hi,

I reserched this before I left, the polices I found seemed to have so many get out clauses when you looked in detail I decided not to bother, family with pre existing medical conditions, over a certain age at the time the policy was taken out for example. It's not a con, just look carefully at the small print.:)

Simon

Guest Nick11

We looked at it too - but they have great get out policies like you can't have pre existing medical conditions and it only applies to people under 60 (I think)

Guest steph&neil

Hi we have Kinsure, again no pre-existing medical problems but I am sure the age limit is 75. Best part is that the cover step families illness as well, hope this helps! steph

Guest Tina

i have used kinsure for the past two years and thankfully have not had to use them yet but this year the cost has doubled so i am not too happy about this as there doesn't seem to be anyone else who does this insurance so we cant go anywhere else...

ref the get out clauses for us are ok as majority of our family have no pre-existing (only mother-in law) and are all under the age of 75, but like i say i haven't had to use them yet to see if there are any other get out clauses that are interpreted differently and might not bother this year as the cost may double again next year.... totally unsure what to do????

Guest TC for short

Grab a copy of the Weekly Telegraph ( the overseas , weekly issue of the British Daily Telegraph) from a good newsagent ($4?). There is nearly always at least one advert for that very thing.

TC