Sign in to follow this  
Guest theCrames

Rental help

Guest theCrames

After waiting for months to get a date for our move to Adelaide, we are now arriving on 17th January 2010. We have temporary accommodation for two weeks in centre of Adelaide but our 2 kids are going to Aberfoyle Park High School, and we're having trouble finding rental property as we're told we have to view it first. Does anyone know of any companies that we could use to find a property, getting more and more stressed by the day!!

Guest steph&neil

Hi might be worth you checking out the domain & real estate agents websites, from that you can look at the area & call the agents & list with them. They wont give you anything before you get here but the time from an open (when they hold an open house for potential tenants) is relative quick, normally about a week to sort out the paperwork & then you get the keys. I wouldn't think there are many furnished options in that area, but it may be worth you renting a short term house till you get somewhere, the agents will be more willing to let you know of any short term houses they have on there books, keep us informed of how you get on, housing is always a big worry before anyone gets here. Also you can have everything in place, eg references, etc! Steph

Guest cornish Busdriver

I would defo say to view a house 1st before renting it. We secured a rental the 2nd day we arrived but still took 2 weeks for the paperwork and checks were done and could move in.

Guest brussel sprout
    After waiting for months to get a date for our move to Adelaide, we are now arriving on 17th January 2010. We have temporary accommodation for two weeks in centre of Adelaide but our 2 kids are going to Aberfoyle Park High School, and we're having trouble finding rental property as we're told we have to view it first. Does anyone know of any companies that we could use to find a property, getting more and more stressed by the day!!

Hi,

We will be breaking our lease, should you be interested? We live in Morphett Vale (not too far from Aberfoyle Park), have a 4 bed + study, large house, overlooking a reserve. Quiet location and close to most amenities. We are hoping to vacate around the 15th January should you be interested. Only problem is I don't know if you would be able to sign the contract without viewing it...or whether you would want to??

If you are interested, please get in touch.

Good luck anyway!

Guest Guest75
    I would defo say to view a house 1st before renting it. We secured a rental the 2nd day we arrived but still took 2 weeks for the paperwork and checks were done and could move in.

I solidly agree with Cornish- you just should not rent before seeing.

Agents will not give you the time of day anyway.

Guest Tracey

hi. can;t offer any help on accommodation, but my kids go to aberfoyle park high school and i live in that area, so if you want any info or help give us a shout