Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lyndie Loue

Fear of flying course completed!

Guest Lyndie Loue

Well, spent the day (with 60 others) on a Fear of Flying course with Virgin. Have just got worse over the years, so when we booked the flights to come over next April, knew it was time to get it sorted.

Am I cured? Definately not but have a really good understanding of how it all works, what the noises are, Captain gave us lots of facts, along with breathing techniques & finished off with a plane trip (lots of tears from lots of us!).

Never the less, I am a million times better than I was ready for lots of internal flights when we get to Oz. Thumbs up all round :biglaugh:

Guest thekings

Congratulations, it cant be easy to face a fear like that. Well done :)

Guest ElleNico

Congratulations, thats a big step, well done!....

I hate flying and always wanted to go to Australia since I was 17. Finally did it when I was 45.( Even though I had flown on short flights...still hate it) However, I will say, that the flights to Australia are so different, and once you are in the sky for a couple of hours you just settle in enjoy it. There is quite a lot going on as they give out meals and drinks etc, and it helps take your mind off things.We even landed in Hong Kong once and I didnt even realise, it was so smooth. It is well worth the long flight, to finally land in Australia....

Guest angiestaff
    Well, spent the day (with 60 others) on a Fear of Flying course with Virgin. Have just got worse over the years, so when we booked the flights to come over next April, knew it was time to get it sorted.

Am I cured? Definately not but have a really good understanding of how it all works, what the noises are, Captain gave us lots of facts, along with breathing techniques & finished off with a plane trip (lots of tears from lots of us!).

Never the less, I am a million times better than I was ready for lots of internal flights when we get to Oz. Thumbs up all round :biglaugh:

well done 4 doing the course, my hubby did the course too and it helped him so much when we flew in april, he would advise anyone who hates flying to do it

ange x

Guest familygood

Congratulations! That will really help. I recently learnt how to swim and it felt embarrassing at my age having to admit that... but I have and am so glad I did. Good luck with your flights.

Guest clareeyles

Hi I'm glad you did the fear of flying course with Virgin was it with David Gott? Iworked for Virgin as cabin crew for 10 years and there really is nothing to be scared of I only left because Ihad a car crash!.We arrive next year to adelaide and not only excited about my new life but also all the new nearby holiday experiences ,Well Done and many happy times ahead.:)