Sign in to follow this  
Guest Here at last!

City Workers - How do you travel to work?

Guest Here at last!

Hi

I've just landed a job in the city and start next week.

I have to drop my 2 children off at different places before I start work and could really do with my car rather than public transport as I will have to collect them on the way home.

Anyone know of any cheap places to park?!!!!

Sonya

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Sonya

I work in the city and and there are some car parks that do early bird offers that you get there a certain time and leave after a certain time. I park in frome street car park near north terrace and get there before 7am and leave after 3pm and pay $10.50. Across the road is another car park and I think you have to get there before 8.30 and leave after 3.30pm and you pay $12. There are also places to park for free around the outskirts of the city if you don't mind a short walk. Hope this helps.

Jen

Guest nishman

When I was up at the northern end recently (I'm usually on the southern end with the "free" parkland parking), The Terrace (Hindly/North Terrace) was the cheapest I found close to the office ($9 early bird)

Guest Guest5035

you could drop the kids off then leave the car in the suburbs at one of the interchange bus stations and bus it to the city.

Stevo

Guest Here at last!

Thanks, I have had a drive around today where I will be working and found an early bird for $12. I am working near Franklin Street.

I did think about leaving the car at the day care centre, think I will try both and see which is best.