Guest familygood

What do you wish you'd packed?

Guest familygood

With Bishops Move collecting our boxes (we are only sending over approx 50 cft in boxes) on Friday I was wondering what if anything you guys that are living it had wished you'd packed but didnt.

I dont mean big things like cars - as we are very limited to space - but any gems would be appreciated.

ta

Emma

It's personal choice really, i don't think there was anything that I wish I had in my suitcase. The only thing I would say is don't take too much hand luggage on the plane, you just won't need it!

I know you don't have much to bring in the first place so I am sure you will be fine.

Guest the4hopes

We put cd players etc in our hand luggage cases so we knew it wouldn't be thrown around. Wish we had more tools sent over, husband sold them all at a boot sale thought we could rebuy them, but they quite expensive here and not very good quality, we spent about half an hour deciding on a screwdriver!

A few days after the packers left we realised my lovely big clock was still on the wall! Its still there now!

Guest thekings
    we spent about half an hour deciding on a screwdriver!

You girls have no idea!!!:biglaugh: how long does it take you to buy a pair of shoes :huh:

Wish we'd put loads of Argos reclining sunloungers in the container - can't get anything nearly as good here (and believe me, I have looked!!) - in fact, if you have any spare space can you bring me some over please??? They're too bulky to ask visitors to bring them, or to bring them back from UK visits, so while you have the container is the only option!!

Guest Here at last!

Pampers nappies and wipes! A warm winter quilt for those cold winter nights!

Make sure you bring 4/6 gang extension leads. Wish id brought my quality winter jackets,and bedding.It does get cold here in the Winter.

Guest the4hopes
    You girls have no idea!!!:biglaugh: how long does it take you to buy a pair of shoes :huh:

I was with my husband, and he's no girl :mad: Buying shoes, easy I know what I want :jiggy:

Guest kelv&haley

definitely baby stuff....... most things seem to be dearer in my opinion,as said before nappies are very expensive here,i still hate paying for them even though we have to buy them....will be potty training very soon,good luck with the move xxxx

Guest kangomik

fishing gear, all the motor bikes, in fact everything. Don't believe the hype, its cold in winter and warm in summer...... but i mean its COLD in winter in the house.

I think tools are getting cheaper at the moment as are electrical things like TV's etc. WHen we came you struggled to get a plasma under 2K, now you can get them well under 1K.

The more you bring, the less cost set up you have, if you use it it in the UK then you will use it over here.

Now for suitcases, those little silly kitchen utensils that you take for granted everyday, pack them!!!!

Guest thebaddeleys

I wish we had bought a really nice outdoor furniture set as they are either horrid and cheap or nice and expensive, bet you could pick a really nice one up in the sale in the UK now its winter there!

Kitchen utensils.... they seem to be very badly made out here!

Make-up is much cheaper in the UK, so stock up!

Good luck with the move x

Guest thekings
    I was with my husband, and he's no girl :mad: Buying shoes, easy I know what I want

Wasn't implying your husband is a girl at all, was merely pointing out that us men only take 30 mins to pick the right tool ;) If Tina goes shoe shopping, it takes all day!! then at the end of the day we go back to the first shop we went to and purchase the shoes she tried on first :arghh::biglaugh:

Guest angiestaff
    With Bishops Move collecting our boxes (we are only sending over approx 50 cft in boxes) on Friday I was wondering what if anything you guys that are living it had wished you'd packed but didnt.

I dont mean big things like cars - as we are very limited to space - but any gems would be appreciated.

ta

bed linen!!!....duvet covers (remember that queen size duvets are more common over here), sheets, etc... i think that all this stuff is quite pricey here

ange x

Guest JayBone

We will have a 40foot container and apart from big items of furniture, a campervan and beetle it will be empty, so keep in touch and we can sort out anything you would like bringing over, good advise on the garden furniture, i think i will be looking for some now!

Hopefully be over there next July/August

Guest familygood

Thanks everyone. We are all done now and had loads more room than we thought so have taken your advice and taken tools, duvets, bedding and baby stuff etc. Hope it all gets there in one piece now!!!