Guest thekings

Packing a guitar!!

Guest thekings

Can u take it as hand luggage, in the hold or shipment?? whats best IYHO

It has to go in the hold. Make sure the airline treats it as FRAGILE cargo. It should be fine, we've had no probs bringing a few Fenders and Gibsons over on planes at various times.

Guest Trakki

We shipped 2 guitars, an electric and an acoustic, they were packed by the shippers and came in the container and were absolutely fine, just needed a retune but don't they always!!!

Don't know about taking them on a plane and I know OH was worried as to the temp changes when being shipped but they were fine.

Guest thekings

Thing is the case its in is a soft one, and I don't really want to fork out for a hard case just for one journey. Think I'll let the shippers sort it out. Its Hannah's guitar though and I haven't told her she'll be without it for a couple of months!!! Might have to send her round to see Wizzywozza!! till the container gets here.

Guest Trakki
    Thing is the case its in is a soft one, and I don't really want to fork out for a hard case just for one journey. Think I'll let the shippers sort it out. Its Hannah's guitar though and I haven't told her she'll be without it for a couple of months!!! Might have to send her round to see Wizzywozza!! till the container gets here.

Pete had one in a hard case and one in a soft case and the packers packed it really well and marked it fragile/handle with care and it was fine.