Ju'n'Rob

Print Industry

If anyone is an experienced Printer and all round Print Finisher, Guillotine Operator etc. please respond as I can give you some information and pass on your details to someone that is in a management position in the top Printing company in Australia! If you have recently arrived or due to migrate in the next couple of months, please contact me on PM for this invaluable piece of information!!

Hi i am a experienced printer and waiting for visa to be granted. Hope you can send me pm and i will send you my details. Thanks

Guest rowts

Hello

I am still going through the visa process so it will be a long time before i get to Adelaide.Could you please tell me the prospects of getting a job in Printing or a print finisher without qualifications.I have worked at a Printers for 13 years and 8 of those were as a print finisher running stitchers and binders.I then got trained in house as a printer eventually running 8 & 10 colour presses and i am now a 16 page No 2 web minder training to be a N0 1. Any advice would be welcome as my biggest worry is getting a job once out there.

Many thanks

Paul

Guest Nick11

Hubby is a print finisher (die cutter) Only a handful of firms in adelaide could employ him - so it was slim pickings. He has been here 2 and a half years and had 4 really good job offers - each company trying to better the other. So try not to worry - there are jobs out there - just got to get yourself known.