Shipping

Guest sa2uk2oz

Guest sa2uk2oz

Hi Roo1

have emailed you regarding roo rentals? We land the 1st Nov, can you still help?

Let me know if you got me emails, otherwise i will re-send

Thanks

Claire

sa2uk2oz

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had space in a container for a couple of items? I have an old mahagony chest of drawers and an oak glass cabinet that I would like to ship over. At the moment it's at a friends house in Southsea, so it would have to be somebody near that area or my brother can take it to Dorset (near Dorchester) and be picked up from there, I will obviously put some money towards the costs. Otherewise any info on shipping companies in those areas would be a great help.

Thanks

Hi Traci. You have me worried as Anglo Pacific have just cleared our house. We also found they didn't pack wardrobes with goods to minimise on boxes but as we had our own container - this did not influence the cost. Did you share a container? Is this also the reason for it taking 4 months? They have told us somewhere between 6-8weeks which is also the time we arrive in Adelaide. They also packed us a bits box ...

Guest Libby1971

Hello

We had quotes from Bishops Move (who I used to work for, many moons ago), PSS, Whites and Britannia.

We chose Whites as they included 10 weeks storage here in Adelaide as part of the quote which we thought would be quite handy if we were on the brink of moving as we planned to be.

I was incredibly neurotic about a particular ornament - a one and a half foot high china angel that was a present to my daughter from my dad after he died. Whites and Bishops were completely understanding over its sentimental value and quoted for boxing it with mountains of packing adn then packing a wooden crate around the box so that it wouldn't get crushed.

We only came with personal effects and one wooden unit (everything else had been pretty much worked to death in the UK and we wanted a fresh new start here). Everything was fine, no breakages whatsoever.

Apparently if packing your own stuff, inspections are more likely as they want to check from an independent source. We only had one box opened which was a box of medicines so we had to provide an inventory of what was in the box.

Wridgeways were the company here and they were so efficient. We had all the stuff delivered to our rental and then bought this place 2 days later so stopped unpacking the books and then hired them to deliver to this place when we moved in.

We had the packers come on the Thursday when we left the UK the following Wednesday. This was purely down to fitting in around our goodbyes.

We had one third of a container for about £1500.

Good luck