Sign in to follow this  
Guest clare

passport expired can some1 help!!

Guest clare

hi everyone got our visas had them issued april 07 and have 2 be in australia before 2012 our childrens passports expired and im scared of just sending them off incase they lose it or sumthin not very lucky us u see! Has anyone done this before was it straight forward? been phoneing all sorts of numbers and just pass me on to some1 else help pleases???:arghh::skeptical:

Guest Carolandcraig

When my passport expired, i sent it off (visas wasnt issued at this time), they processed it and sent both the new and old. If in doubt go in person to you nearest passport office, might have to queue but at least youll have peace of mind.

Guest Kelly O

Hi

The very same thing happened to us. We came out in April this year and the kids' passports expired just before we travelled. I too did not want to relinquish the passports that held their visas so close to travelling so I phoned Aus House in London, explained the situation and was told 'no drama' simply carry the two passports for both kids at all times. This was not a problem at all- just a bulkier bum bag with 6 passports instead of 4!

Hope this helps.

Kelly

Guest Lucky

Hi there. Yes, we had the same issue. And you will definately need to take the old passport and new one to the airport. You will also need the old passport with the visa in it to apply for medicare etc when you are in Australia. Good luck.

Guest clare
    When my passport expired, i sent it off (visas wasnt issued at this time), they processed it and sent both the new and old. If in doubt go in person to you nearest passport office, might have to queue but at least youll have peace of mind.

thanks 4 that good 2 hear others situations

Guest clare

well they have gone felt very sick as the lady in the post office pulled them out of my hands! but need them to book our flights so hopefully gonna b straight 4ward! hubby told the kids santas bringin a passport each this year only shame!!!:)