Sign in to follow this  
Guest shailesh

Need Help

Guest shailesh

Hi, I am moving to Adelaide on PR visa in Feb-2010 from India . I need some help regarding jobs. In india i have job in accountancy filed so what to do to get the job in similar field. Yes i know initially it is difficult to get the work in required filed.I am ready to do anytype of work so please advice initially from where i can find the job so that i can meet my daily exps. I have one daughter her age is 4 years(D.O.B 25-09-2005) so how can i enrol in the school? i mean when she will get the admission.What type of benefits i will receive from the govt?

Thanks

Guest Messua

You can enrol your child into a public school as soon as she turns 5. In the private sector, it would be the January after her 5th birthday. Until then, she can attend kindergarten on a part-time basis. You can sort it all out very easily when you arrive and find a place to live.

Safe journey and good luck

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi there

As far as jobs go, the main problem seems to be getting your skills and qualifications that you gained in another country, recognised here. However, there are lots of agencies that you can register with for work, try seek.com.au which is a good place to start.

As far as Government benefits, the system here is called Centrelink and like everywhere else, the benefits are means tested. You can get help with child care costs, rent and a bit of an income top up depending on your earnings and visa type. You only qualify for these benefits if you are on a permenant residency visa.

As previously said, registering at school is quite simple, but you need to be here to decide which area you would like to live in first, before you can choose a suitable school.

Good luck with it all

Mandy